• miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    How has this not been mentioned?

affleck-in-phantoms.gif?w=774
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Options
    No one is replacing Bale. This isn't the Dark Knight Batman. This is a new Batman, in a new series. People need to calm down.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options

This is why you are one of my faves.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Dean Winchester is my Batman.

Also, couldn't SOMEONE do a movie about one of the cool female super heroes? Batman was good, and now it needs a little nap, for a long time. Do Wonder Woman or Black Canary.

I'm more of a Marvel girl myself, lets be honest-they have a more diverse universe (SSM, multiple female characters who are awesome, and they haven't sold out as horribly as DC) but DC isn't doing anything for themselves by making BA Batman, that's a load of giant fail that isn't going to work at all.

Wonder Woman = Gabrielle Reese. She would be perfect. Right age, build, look, everything. Google her and tell me I'm wrong =)

As for Affleck...well...Daredevil was a terrible script, so not entirely his fault. They screw up the comic movies when they stray from the comic too much. I can see him as Bruce Wayne, but Batman...he's going to have to hit the superhero gym in LA HARD. Like move in and live there hard. And bring in an acting coach. And who will be Robin other than Damon? Seriously. WTF were they thinking. :grumble: Maybe he will prove us all wrong...not holding my breath, but maybe.
  • sedwards9999
    sedwards9999 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    He's a good seasoned actor. I think he'll be great.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    He's a good seasoned actor. I think he'll be great.

No one asked you Matt Damon.. I know that you.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Why in the world are they switching from Christian Bale?

I just can't see Affleck as Batman....

In the words of Christian Bale... They are done professionally.

Actually he told Nolan he would only do 3 movies and no more.

I am just hoping above anything that Matt Damon shows up as Robin... because that would make me laugh. A lot.

LMAO! That would be awesome. With Kevin Smith directing and Jay & Silent Bob with a cameo.

That would be the ONLY WAY to make a movie with Ben Affleck as Batman worth seeing. I have a feeling Orgazmo might be a better superhero movie than this one.
  • missjojo31
    missjojo31 Posts: 150
    Options
    not bothered, don't like batman, don't hate me.
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    In other news - the next Batman is apparently going to be a bad romantic comedy...

SMH...

Also starring Jennifer Lopez as Catwoman and Jennifer Garner as Batgirl.
    If all of this is true, then Hollywood stinks. You can't have the same actor/actress play two different comic heroes/heroins. Seriously. Affleck is already Daredevil and Garner Elektra, regardless of how suitable they were for the roles. Ridiculous.
  • CinthyN
    CinthyN Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Palm on forehead (for dramatisation) and faints!
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    No. Just no. Ben Affleck may be playing the role of Batman, but he sure as *kitten* is not Batman.
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I get why they casted him. He brings people to the movie theatre but personally, I like him as a director better. I think he is too lazy as an actor to pull this off. He plays the same role in every movie. I know many were outraged when Heath Ledger was casted and then everyone shut up afterwards.. Weirdly many think he was a horrible joker which they are just crazy and nothing can please them I guess. Here is the difference though, Ledger had talent and Affleck is uninspired and lazy. Will he surprise us, prolly not but only time will tell. Bale is the best Batman for me and for Batman to go against Superman, they need someone tougher than Affleck.

As a director Affleck is pretty good, so we can remain friends, sir. And I think the "toughness" is what's lacking for Affleck. That, I think, is my issue with it. I guess I just don't see it. I dunno... I guess we just all have to wait and see.
    Indeed. I liked Good Will Hunting, the screenplay I mean, as well, but there's a dark side to Christian Bale that makes him pretty much to die for in my eyes. He's just oozing of hotness, whereas from time to time I connect Affleck with the godawful asteroid movie; nothing hot about that one.
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Well that just wrecked the day. Thoughts?

But... but... that means Matt Damon can be Robin!!!!

*eye roll*

Affleck is too fake to play Batman. I need someone with... depth, and angst.
  • blessybuva
    blessybuva Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Batman is my favorite superhero, and if BA starts playing him, needless to say I'll be dissapointed.
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    And this is why Marvel is winning.

This. So this.

+100

I don't understand the actors in the DC movies. Seems like they are giving up roles that will make them a lot of money, for what? They end up dropping off the map in the film industry, probably because they seemingly lack the commitment to stay.

Whatever.. I didn't want to get my hopes up for Batman anyways, they can never keep the same actor. I think George Clooney was the WORST, and I LOVED him in ER. :(
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options

No Jay & Silent Bob fans around?
  • Power_Man77
    Options
    Not to happy about this but, Heath Ledger got a whole lot of flack about being cast as joker. We all know how that went. So only time will tell.
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,639 Member
    Options

No Jay & Silent Bob fans around?

Kind of, more of a Kevin Smith fan... love to listen to him go on about superheroes on his podcasts. Reminds me, I need to see if there's a new Fatman on Batman out to deal with this issue...