• Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Depends if partner is a squirter

LMFAO!!!
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    There is a sheet that goes over the mattress!?
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Usually twice a week.
  • smaihlee
    smaihlee Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    When DH and I first started dating, I lived 3 hours away and didn't get to see him very often. Even so, I am quite certain the same sheets stayed on his bed for the first 6 months of our relationship until he moved to another place. I was glad when I moved in with him and had an excuse to do his laundry. He is a clean guy otherwise, and would shower and change clothes twice a day sometimes. He just didn't "get it" with the sheets so that is just one of the things I take care of for the family.

Doesn't get it with towels, either. He's like "I am clean when I use the towel, so..."

I change the sheets once a week and towels usually twice a week. I know some people who change towels every time they bathe. I do use a fresh washcloth every day, however.
  • kellyhdent
    Options
    whoah! used to change them every few weeks, but now my house cleaner changes them weekly. :)
  • __delete
    __delete Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Your supposed to change them?

Beat me too it.
  • laural007
    laural007 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    once a week. If not ill dream of my mom yelling at me calling me a pig and such.

Props to your mom she gave you outstanding looks and good hygine :)
  • smaihlee
    smaihlee Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Been thinking about this all morning, and I am really worried about my son's future in this regard. I mean, I don't think he is even cognizant of the fact that his sheets get changed on a regular basis. Hell, he usually has them kicked off the bed by the end of the week anyway.

Really need to get him trained to not only care about clean sheets, but to do his own laundry. I've got 4 years until he goes to college. I wonder if that will be enough time??? :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell:
  • Gabrielm80
    Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Some people post that by showering before bed prevents the need to have to wash the sheets often. Going as far as saying they don't sweet much. I bet you would be surprised to know how much you sweet at night. People sweat in pounds not just ounces of water weight over night. Bed sheets get pretty sweaty but since its gradual its constantly drying. Deep down there is little differences between the makeup of sweat and urine. Minus only the toxins filtered out of the kidney. Sweat may not be as disgusting as pee, but enough to make the cleanest sleep require frequent sheet changing. Besides how happy does it make you to have dryer fresh sheets on your bed. It's too good a feeling to pass up
  • NomadicFlame
    Options
    *Engages Smug Mode *

Stripping my bed to wash everything now.

Needing to wash my exercise stuff bi-weekly (I don't have 7 sets ) helps as a reminder. Thankfully I joined the military when I left home and you can't be a slob in that place. Really cannot understand people who think weeks is acceptable though. The sheets must stink.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Been thinking about this all morning, and I am really worried about my son's future in this regard. I mean, I don't think he is even cognizant of the fact that his sheets get changed on a regular basis. Hell, he usually has them kicked off the bed by the end of the week anyway.

Really need to get him trained to not only care about clean sheets, but to do his own laundry. I've got 4 years until he goes to college. I wonder if that will be enough time??? :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell:

I doubt it. My son finally moved out when he was 24 last year. There were times that it was months and months between the times he washed his sheets and then he only did it because I insisted. He moved to an apartment a year ago. I haven't set foot inside it since we helped him move in because I know what a slob he is. I have no idea if he's washed his sheets since he moved out.

My husband and I love sleeping on clean sheets, so we wash them once a week. Well, I ask him to wash them (he is disabled and home during the day) once a week. I think he would easily go 2 weeks between washes if I weren't around.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    When it sounds like Velcro tearing apart?
  • kev32uk
    kev32uk Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    lol i don't believe it for a second lol i hate those daft surveys/polls, once every 10 days i change mine or more depending on the weather etc
  • plm209
    plm209 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm a once every other week type of guy unless there are a lot of "activities" going on in there. I'm thinking that the average must include college students, I had a room mate freshman year who changed them twice throughout the whole year.
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    weekly for me. My son shared an apartment with a friend that only changed his once a year and that was only because his family gave him a fresh set for Christmas each year.
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I dated a guy who hadn't changed/cleaned his bed sheets for 8 months. When I found out I was absolutely disgusted and told him so. Of course, he thought I was totally overreacting to this information. So glad to hear other people saying they change theirs weekly :-)

And you continued dating him after you found out about this?! It could've been an indicator that he was careless about his health too...
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Weekly and because the dog is partial to jumping up on the bed on a Sunday morning if I dare try for an extra hour in bed, the whole shebang goes in the wash, not just the sheets.

I love fresh bed night - nothing beats freshly laundered bed linen :happy:
  • bluestarlight19
    bluestarlight19 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I dated a guy who hadn't changed/cleaned his bed sheets for 8 months. When I found out I was absolutely disgusted and told him so. Of course, he thought I was totally overreacting to this information. So glad to hear other people saying they change theirs weekly :-)

Same thing!! When I first started dating my husband and we had our first night together at his place about a month in. The next morning I asked when was the last time he changed his sheets?? (funky smell emanating from sheets....) He said " I don't know, maybe a few months? Its been a while." I was so grossed out. He took the sheets off then and went to the laundry mat. Now I make sure they are changed at least once/week. Sometimes more because of baby messes (food, poop, sippy cup/bottle spillage).
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I read this article that men only change their bed sheets on average every 4 months, is it true?

As a female I change the bed sheets once a week.

when we go on holiday we love it when the hotel cleaner comes in and changes the sheets all the time or fluffs up the pillows and puts little petals or something on the bed.

How often should you change your bed sheets?

How ever often you get them dirty?? See you think all the stains that are on the sheets are gone when you wash them. Nope they are still there.

So if you want really clean sheets you need to buy new ones. Otherwise your just sleeping on bleached DNA
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    kinda glad I read this...didn't understand the rules. I always thought if they stunk or you sweat em up