The One Healthy Alternative that Keeps You on Track

Options
Hey guys, Just curious what is the one healthy food option you can turn to when you are craving things that are bad... that satisfy you, but keep you on your path to wellness?

For me it is Lillydale Turkey Bacon, 4 slices 100 calories... and it is delicious.

Replies

• redskiednight
    redskiednight Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Jack N Jills Peanut Butter Cream thingies - SO delicious but only 150 calories!
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Homemade soups. Lately it's been fresh tomato soup with rice. Everyone's trying to get rid of their bounty and I'm the winner! :happy:
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I like to mix chocolate protein powder with coffee when I'm craving a big fat mocha latte in the morning. Way more filling, and just as delicious! I usually find that my donut/bagel/breakfast sandwich cravings have vanished after this as well.
  • Tessyloowhoo
    Options
    Quest protein bars (160-170calories and 20g of protein)... I probably eat 2-3 a day! Absolute favorite food!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    cauliflower! You can basically use it for anything!
  • Kxgz
    Kxgz Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Apples with organic peanut butter : )
  • walzllw
    walzllw Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Turkey sausage patties, good for breakfast sandwiches with low cal buns and 2% cheese slice.
  • lady_in_weighting
    lady_in_weighting Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    low - kcal hot chocolate or a protein mug cake (1scoop of protein powder, 1 egg and 50mls of milk in the microwave for 90 seconds) Delicious! :)
  • emAZn
    emAZn Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with vanilla protein powder... I CRAVE this almost every day... more than ice cream... never liked cottage cheese before... maybe I'm prego ;) naaaaattt....

Also, Artic Zero ice cream... 150 calories for the whole pint... It's a close second to real ice cream and helps that nasty emotional eating habit I have and if I'm gonna eat the whole pint I'm glad it's that one :)
  • leapsonbounds
    leapsonbounds Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Atkins Chocolate/Coconut bar - very filling, satisfying, and no cooking required. :-)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I don't have many food cravings, but when I want something sweet I go for cocoa roast almonds. Full of good stuff, just enough chocolate to satisfy my sweet tooth, and very filling so I don't overindulge.

If I want some salty chips, there is no substitute. Best to just not have those in the house.