Magic Bullet

Options
I received a Magic Bullet Blender this weekend as my birthday present. I am so excited that I don't even know how to get started. Please share your Magic Bullet recipes, or any other smoothie, blender recipe you use.

Replies

• ny2298pdsgt
    ny2298pdsgt Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    6-8 ounces OJ
    half a frozen banana
    2-3 straberries
    a little crushed ice

BLEND
  • tracymat
    tracymat Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I have the Nutribullet, which is a little more powerful... but my go-to mix is:

5 frozen strawberries
    1/2 a frozen banana
    A handful and a half or so of spinach
    1 scoop of protein powder
    1 cup of almond milk

Experiment and have fun!
  • marybethbrandt
    Options
    I tend to not use my hand-held blender for smoothies since fruit adds a lot of excess sugar into my diet.
    I use mine to make protein shakes: 4 oz skim milk, 1 scoop protein, 2 tsp Benefiber (For The Win!), about 10 ice cubes, then 1-2 oz water on top and blend. I usually drink/eat this to satisfy my ice cream craving at night after dinner.
    I also blended protein pancake ingredients in my hand-held blender this weekend also. :)
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    What a nice gift ... Happy Birthday!

I like kefir, fruits and juice of 1/2 a lemon for most of mine. I add some cold water for volume.
    The fruits I add vary and I usually use frozen so I can keep a nice variety on hand.
    Mostly I use ... cherries, pomegranate arils, blueberries, cranberries, strawberries, raspberries, peaches, pineapple, banana.
    Not those all at once but a combo of 2 varieties.
    Sometimes I'll add a bit of spinach or kale.
    Lately, I've been adding some protein powder, too.

Enjoy your new bullet! Have fun finding the combos that work for you. :flowerforyou:
  • TinaBean007
    TinaBean007 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    You'll love it... there are a million recipes. Here's some tips that have helped with my MB. If you have crushed ice in your fridge door, use that instead of full ice cubes. The results are better. Also, brown frozen bananas are awesome and make an amazingly smooth texture. I really like using powders to get a creamy texture: protein powder, PB2 and for dessert smoothies International Delight sugar free, hot chocolate, etc.

Pretty much anything Starbucks can do, I can do better :)
  • Sal3759
    Sal3759 Posts: 1
    Options
    Great gift! I think I will get one. Great recipes to try!
  • MyFreakingNameIsScott
    Options
    About a cup of yogurt, a half of a banana, half a cup of blueberries, honey and cinnamon and a few cubes of ice.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    My favorite smoothier (I've adapted my recipe over the years):

1 cup blueberries
    1/2 cup each raspberries and blackberries
    Two or three strawberries
    1 banana
    1 tablespoon Peanut Butter & Co. Dark Chocolate Dreams
    Ice

Blend and top with some light whipped cream.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    1/2 C nonfat plain Greek yogurt
    1C berries (any kind) or 1/2C berries and a banana
    splash of milk or almond milk
    1 scoop protein powder

Yum! Filling and delicious!
  • 3rdxacharm
    3rdxacharm Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I take two ripe bananas and some cocoa powder and blend. Pour into the little popsicle makers and freeze. Excellent no sugar added dessert.

I also do bananas with other fruits minus the cocoa powder.
    Enjoy!
  • TinaBean007
    TinaBean007 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I take two ripe bananas and some cocoa powder and blend. Pour into the little popsicle makers and freeze. Excellent no sugar added dessert.

I also do bananas with other fruits minus the cocoa powder.
    Enjoy!

Genius!!!!!!!!!!
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    deleted