Hourglass and proud, share your befores and afters

Options

Replies

• AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I was an hourglass many pounds ago. Now it's more like 2.5 hours. :laugh:

Hoping I balance back out more as I get closer to goal.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Always been an hourglass - partly how the weight crept up, as I still had a waist (sort of!) I could fool myself I had a figure. And by dressing in things that fit the fat gets hidden by clothes quite effectively. It was when I felt like I had a 5-month baby bump putting my shoes on I realised I had to do something. Being as how my "baby" is 13 years old!
  • curds
    curds Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I started April 10th, these are pics of first day, day 15 and day 34!

Front
    16k5ojp.png

Side
    2wmoy00.png

Back
    2wfigz8.png

You really doing well! I love it! Great job
  • ThriftyChica12
    ThriftyChica12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    hourglass here; u can see how weight loss is helping to bring out my TRUE hourglass even more :)

before:

100_1506_2_zps65feb3fe.jpg

halfway to goal:

SAM_1207_zps07e42590.jpg

before:

100_1508_2_zps29740398.jpg

halfway to goal:

SAM_1212_zpsaf548eb5.jpg
  • daveymac1
    daveymac1 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Sure I will.
    Starting 5'8" 155lbs 25% BF
    Ending 5'8" 140lbs 21.3% BF
    Goal 130-135lbs 16-18% BF
    6553648_5856.jpg
    6553648_7192.jpg

Ending measurements
    38" bust
    25" waist
    36" hip

Starting measurements
    38" bust
    28" waist
    39" hip

Holy crap!! All I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    December 2012, I had less muscle then than now.

a460d483-df27-4162-bd62-9169a5a15012_zpsaf102806.jpg

I don't have any recent pics, just avitar from march and back picture:

FB4525AE-F7B9-44CF-AD7E-5409D6EE9C50-628-0000007DEE6FC2ED_zps12f0ee53.jpg

Sexy Mandy!!!
  • gypsylouiseporter
    Options
    DSCF1403.jpg
    For Gypsy ^ tried fixing your link

Mandy great profile ! Love your back! Mine was like that and I am trying to get back there.

And way to go esty!
    thankyou, why wouldn't it work for me?. I changed the URL to url, I have done pics before and they worked?
  • squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Bump! Hope to post here someday....although as I lose weight my D boobs are rapidly approaching Cs....however I have a big rib cage but little waist which adds to the hourglassy effect. Y'all look great!!!
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    @davey TY!

@gypsy the IMG code was in caps so I made it lower case.. I think.
  • Ideal362433
    Options
    How do you know you're an hourglass or not?

I mean my waist is smaller than both my hips and bust but my bust and shoulders are bigger I have a defined waist and I gain weight everywhere except my hips which are quite narrow but my hip measurement is bigger because of my butt which I gain weight in just like my thighs breasts and waist. Gaining 20 lbs has gained me almost 2 inches in chest area an inch in the waist an inch and a half in the hips. And 2 to 3 inches in the thighs. I gain my weight all over but my breasts always are the ones that end up carrying more of the fat and then my butt thighs and then waist in that order.

Is this considered top heavy hourglass of just hourglass? Do you have to have wide hips to be an hourglass? Could the butt be a substitute or not?
  • gsxrholly
    Options
    Started at 199 lbs and with a MAJOR change in diet and portion sizes, a gym membership, many tears and my blood work that came back horrible for someone 25years old I had to change for my health, my son, my husband and my future. I'm well on my way to reaching my goal. I weighed in at 157lbs and I'm 5'8.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    I don't have a proper way to bump this right meow--like with my own pictures of my figure. I'm waiting for "Day 100" of my workout routine to do another status update.
    In the mean time, this will have to suffice.
    942.gif
  • gsxrholly
    Options
    sz79xz.jpg
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I never thought I was hourglass. I definitely considered myself #teampear. But with all of my starts and stops at weight training, I have managed to make my shoulders look a bit more proportional, so now I look more hourglass, even though there is a several inch difference between bust and hips for me.

I also have straighter hips (high square hip) and a big butt (too bad it is flat!), so I don't always look especially curvy from the front. But measurements are very hourglassy.

How about before and during:

This is somewhere near my heaviest weight:
    3621672_6821.jpg

This is a nice self pic from today (excuse my horrible expression and bathroom locale.)
    9599100399_ca58a4ca07_c.jpg

Happy to see increasing amounts of waist definition :) Current measurements are about 42(34H)-34-45.

I am close to half way and I have goal measurements/body fat percentage instead of a fixed goal weight
  • Ideal362433
    Options
    I never thought I was hourglass. I definitely considered myself #teampear. But with all of my starts and stops at weight training, I have managed to make my shoulders look a bit more proportional, so now I look more hourglass, even though there is a several inch difference between bust and hips for me.

I also have straighter hips (high square hip) and a big butt (too bad it is flat!), so I don't always look especially curvy from the front. But measurements are very hourglassy.

How about before and during:

This is somewhere near my heaviest weight:
    3621672_6821.jpg

This is a nice self pic from today (excuse my horrible expression and bathroom locale.)
    9599100399_ca58a4ca07_c.jpg

Happy to see increasing amounts of waist definition :) Current measurements are about 42(34H)-34-45.

I am close to half way and I have goal measurements/body fat percentage instead of a fixed goal weight

Hip to waist we're built quite similarly. I have straight hips but a medium sized butt. I have a large chest though which defines the waist. I didn't know you could be an hourglass without hips.

My mom's measurements are hourglass top. Her measurement have the same difference as yours 31-23-33. Mine are 36-25-33 right now. My mom has a slight defined waist less than mine though which is already slight.

I have a lot of family with straight hips but big boobs and butt I didn't know they were hourglass. That makes a lot of things more clear on body shapes. Thanks
  • Mcmilligen
    Mcmilligen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    photo.jpg

photo_1.jpg

ETA: Half the photos got cut off due to my mad photo posting skills (which I avoid at all costs), but the gist is evident.
  • 1justme
    1justme Posts: 5
    Options
    You look great. Fantastic dress.
  • Mcmilligen
    Mcmilligen Posts: 332 Member
    Options

all my before shots are on my ticker, this photo I took about 3 days ago

WOW amazing progress! You're looking great!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    work in progress, but as you all can see I'm somewhere between hourglass and pear. At least from behind. lol.

Foumlre130401_zpse7ad2f20.jpg

You are so much an hour glass...no pear there...
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I haven't taken any pics since Mid July after finishing 30DS but here is the difference of 205-175 (I think) 25lbs lost with diet alone and extra 5 from calorie counting and 9 inches in total from 30 DS

966c5b35-83c1-47f2-8189-684e0dc50fdf_zps8a6e742a.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!