Shirataki Noodles?

Options
2»

Replies

• TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    You have to prepare them differently then on the package or they are nasty. To eliminate the fishy taste you need to thoroughly rinse the noodles in hot water for at least 5 minutes. Instead of boiling them, try making them in a skillet as you would with a stir fry. It gives them a thicker, more pasta-like texture. Throw on some oil, then your sauce, and they are edible!
  • luckyshilling
    Options
    I'll second zucchini noodles. Also just a tip; shirataki noodles are much nicer/better suited to asian dishes. They're suited more to a stir fry than a creamy sauce.

^^This^^ They just do not work with cream sauce. Marinara or asian stir frys are the way to go. Also the package direction need tweeking. I rinse in cold water for a couple minutes in a collendar being sure to pull the noodles apart with my hands. Shake out water, spread onto plate, nuke in microwave for 1 minute. Back to collendar, rinse again with hot water, shake out. Back in microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Spread out on top of paper towels on counter, pat dry. Then eat with whatever prepped sauce or add to stir fry skillet after everything else is for stir fry is cooked.
  • katday
    katday Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    you have to rinse them really well. I use a different brand and they have no flavor, they take on the flavor of whatever you put with it. I just don't like the texture that much. But I read if you parboil them they loose some of that rubbery like consistency. personally I like them and for only 40 cals a bag, dang you cant beat that
  • bsteves06
    bsteves06 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I bought a julienne tool off ebay for cheap and i use it to make zucchini noodles. just run it down a zucchini and it will make pasta like strands. pour some sauce on top and mircowave. easy and quick. I don't boil the noddles because they get too mushy.