Rapid weight gain

Options
2»

Replies

• Fithealthyforlife
    Fithealthyforlife Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    I have been exercising regulary, even during the overeating week i did it on the non overeating days which is why i am hoping not all of it was stored as fat. I know, i am just kinf an "all or nthing person" which i am also trying to work on.

Perfectionism and fear of negative outcomes is what causes us to have these disorders (I have a procrastination disorder I'm currently working on, which is kind of similar).
  • Fithealthyforlife
    Fithealthyforlife Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Well i cetanly hope so. Even though there are days when i don't feel i want to recover fully. I know i takes time and effort which is why i started therapy and seeing nutricionist on time before my disordered eating got fully blown. I just cannot imagine a life where you do not focus on food at all but perhaps eventually, with enough will power it will be resolved.

Btw, it's not will power. You have to surrender first and accept that what you were doing before was "ok". Not good for you, but ok in the sense that you're still alive, even if you're not as healthy as you'd like to be. The next step is severing your emotional connection to your past habits, and starting your new habits, which you're in the process of now. New habits are all you have. They are your life. You have nothing else. It will seem like just as much of an obsession initially. Don't worry about that. Obsessing is ok and necessary for a while until you get the new, positive rules down. It takes mental effort to change. Concentration. It will still seem to those around around you that you have an eating fixation disorder for a long time. But you'll be using positive habits.

And then you build upon them slowly and re-create order in your life. It takes time to build a solid behavioral repertoire. And as I said, there are re-lapses, but they become shorter in duration, intensity, and frequency as time goes on (on average). Non-linear.

I imagine that eventually it all becomes second nature and you no longer have to obsess, but I'm not there yet myself (and I've never even had an eating disorder). The difference is we call positive obession "enthusiasm".

Knowledge is power. I've told you everything I know now. Good luck and enjoy the process of building up your body and improving your eating habits and perceptions! It can be fun!
  • Luthien007
    Luthien007 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Well i cetanly hope so. Even though there are days when i don't feel i want to recover fully. I know i takes time and effort which is why i started therapy and seeing nutricionist on time before my disordered eating got fully blown. I just cannot imagine a life where you do not focus on food at all but perhaps eventually, with enough will power it will be resolved.

Btw, it's not will power. You have to surrender first and accept that what you were doing before was "ok". Not good for you, but ok in the sense that you're still alive, even if you're not as healthy as you'd like to be. The next step is severing your emotional connection to your past habits, and starting your new habits, which you're in the process of now. New habits are all you have. They are your life. You have nothing else. It will seem like just as much of an obsession initially. Don't worry about that. Obsessing is ok and necessary for a while until you get the new, positive rules down. It takes mental effort to change. Concentration. It will still seem to those around around you that you have an eating fixation disorder for a long time. But you'll be using positive habits.

And then you build upon them slowly and re-create order in your life. It takes time to build a solid behavioral repertoire. And as I said, there are re-lapses, but they become shorter in duration, intensity, and frequency as time goes on (on average). Non-linear.

I imagine that eventually it all becomes second nature and you no longer have to obsess, but I'm not there yet myself (and I've never even had an eating disorder). The difference is we call positive obession "enthusiasm".

Knowledge is power. I've told you everything I know now. Good luck and enjoy the process of building up your body and improving your eating habits and perceptions! It can be fun!

Great post
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    NEVER EVER EVER do those low calorie cuts. Ever.

Get your metabolism used to your weight loss slowly, Slowly is the key. It will take time.