Muscles of MFP

Options
Hey!
After dropping a few lbs Ive decided to start lifting, today will be my first day! Just looking for some friends that lift as well.

:)

Replies

• HACSTA
    HACSTA Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Awesome !
  • karl39x
    karl39x Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    There's a lot of us buff guys over at the gaining weight section if you need tips on lifting.
  • HACSTA
    Options
    what style are you getting into (Barbell or machine) ,(strength ,endurance ,hypertrophy )?
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    Best of luck. I think that you will be very surprised and encouraged with the results that you see from lifting.
  • missdamman
    Options
    what style are you getting into (Barbell or machine) ,(strength ,endurance ,hypertrophy )?

good question, i have no idea what im doing!
  • madtownjeremy
    Options
    Awesome...I just started lifting three months ago and it's already completely changed my body. You're gonna love it!

Anyone can add me for support...I've got some pretty good beginner routines in my logbook to share if you like.

Cheers!
  • HACSTA
    Options
    What are your goals?
  • HACSTA
    Options

good question, i have no idea what im doing!

What are your goals?
  • mud7urtle
    mud7urtle Posts: 500
    Options
    In fo mo frans
  • RunningSwede
    RunningSwede Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Good for U. I'm doing same now that I'm getting close to my target weight. Lifting should increase your metabolism.
  • italral
    italral Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I started heavy lifting two weeks ago, and can already see a difference in how my clothes fit, and strength and endurance in daily activities. Feel free to add me if you're looking for female support.
  • lorenzovonmatterhorn7549
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Wish my wife liked to lift weights :(
  • jbuck93
    jbuck93 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    You won't be sorry! Lifting will give you the best results for time spent. Just pay attention to your measurements and how you look and feel and not the scale.
  • ewartluft
    ewartluft Posts: 79 Member
    Options

I wish my hubby liked to lift as much as I do! He lifts a couple of times a week but only the lifts he likes (bench, curl, OHP) and he's always willing to spot me if I'm unsure about upping weight so I guess I'll take what I can get. lol.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I just started lifting too! Gonna try heavier this week! Yay!
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options

I wish my hubby liked to lift as much as I do! He lifts a couple of times a week but only the lifts he likes (bench, curl, OHP) and he's always willing to spot me if I'm unsure about upping weight so I guess I'll take what I can get. lol.
    Ah well we can't have everything. Seems like we are always miss matched somewhere in a relationship.
  • jdaley90
    jdaley90 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! Best decision you can make for yourself. I've been lifting heavy for over a year now. Feel free to send a FR over :) Good places to start are New Rules for Women, StrongLifts, & Starting Strength. Form is probably the most important part of lifting so be sure to check out YouTube & Bodybuilding.com. Don't be afraid to ask people in the gym either! The guys who lift aren't really as scary as they seem and are usually willing to help (I've never encountered someone who didn't want to help but I didn't want to create a blanket statement ;))
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! Best decision you can make for yourself. I've been lifting heavy for over a year now. Feel free to send a FR over :) Good places to start are New Rules for Women, StrongLifts, & Starting Strength. Form is probably the most important part of lifting so be sure to check out YouTube & Bodybuilding.com. Don't be afraid to ask people in the gym either! The guys who lift aren't really as scary as they seem and are usually willing to help (I've never encountered someone who didn't want to help but I didn't want to create a blanket statement ;))

All this! Lifting has done wonders for me.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Best decision you'll ever make. Feel free to add me if you need help.