Bulking Pals

Options
I have been dieting at a defecit since I began this fitness journey back Jan 2013. I have lost 60 pounds so far and I still have another 20 pounds to go but it was recommended that I begin focusing on building more muscle. So now I'm bulking and trying to keep fat gains to a minimum. I'm looking for more friends who are currently bulking or have gone thru bulking. I'm having a lil trouble meeting all my calories so if you have an open diary that's a plus so that I can get an idea of what to eat.

Replies

• Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    Could add me :) Generally a clean bulker, but am a flexible dieter meaning I will have some cheat meal every day simply because it doesn't matter since it's a small meal etc.

I believe in a slow bulk too, I can't stand bulking so dirty and blindly that I gain more fat than muscle. Pointless, ugly and waste of time imo.
  • y2james
    y2james Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi there :) I'm currently bulking too. Have been most of my weight training life... I've always been tall and skinny, and my genetics don't help. I'm starting to think there's no hope in terms of putting weight on, but I don't give up easily!

If anyone could give me some tips/pointers it'd be much appreciated. I've tried a lot, though. I guess my main question would be 'How can I make myself eat more, and more often?' Some days I can eat heavily and enough to make me comfortably full, others I eat a bare minimum and still feel full, although I know for a fact it isn't enough!
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Hi there :) I'm currently bulking too. Have been most of my weight training life... I've always been tall and skinny, and my genetics don't help. I'm starting to think there's no hope in terms of putting weight on, but I don't give up easily!

If anyone could give me some tips/pointers it'd be much appreciated. I've tried a lot, though. I guess my main question would be 'How can I make myself eat more, and more often?' Some days I can eat heavily and enough to make me comfortably full, others I eat a bare minimum and still feel full, although I know for a fact it isn't enough!

I think what anyone would say is eat a **** tonne daily and you are guaranteed to put on size, don't be scared to pile on some fat as that's normal while bulking, who gives a **** how often you eat, just keep adding on calories weekly until you start putting on weight then if it stalls then add some more calories. Eating more just eat more simple carbs and fat, simple carbs are always easier on the stomach than complex carbs (imagine eating 2,000 calories of brown rice vs eating 2 tubs of ben and jerrys)
  • soysauce6626
    soysauce6626 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Bulking crew member checking in
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options

I think what anyone would say is eat a **** tonne daily and you are guaranteed to put on size, don't be scared to pile on some fat as that's normal while bulking, who gives a **** how often you eat, just keep adding on calories weekly until you start putting on weight then if it stalls then add some more calories. Eating more just eat more simple carbs and fat, simple carbs are always easier on the stomach than complex carbs (imagine eating 2,000 calories of brown rice vs eating 2 tubs of ben and jerrys)

2000 calories of rice, huh?
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    IMO bulking is a deeply personal experience and should not be shared.
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    IMO bulking is a deeply personal experience and should not be shared.

But I always share when I bulk with you!
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    In for bulking, and seeing those girls share their bulks :)
  • CaptainWillard
    CaptainWillard Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Lean bulking at .5lb/week through the end of the year. Or until I can't button my pants.
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    N00b bulking gal here. I never thought I'd see the day when I had to eat more in order to GAIN weight. I also never thought I'd be happy that my pants are getting tight.
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Bulking crew checking in.

Just getting started on what will be my 3rd bulk.

I think I've got a somewhat decent ticker figured out, even though it shows zero lbs to go instead of negative numbers.
  • TheMetalMan0
    TheMetalMan0 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    N00b bulking gal here. I never thought I'd see the day when I had to eat more in order to GAIN weight. I also never thought I'd be happy that my pants are getting tight.
    Haha love that avi. Bulking crew checking in, slowy but surely getting there.
  • TX_RattleSnake
    Options
    Tryin' to get my hugeness on
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I'm starting a winter bulk in October. Congrats on the success OP btw!
  • GODfidence
    GODfidence Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    16 week bulk until Christmas starting Monday.
    Hopefully I put on between 12-20 pounds (fat, water included)
    And end up with way more strength. Bring on the noob gains!
  • letmebangbro
    letmebangbro Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    bulk bulk bulk
    bulking
    thinking of adding either 15-25 lbs to 170 or 180
    currently at 155

wot you guise think?
  • ducoteycd
    ducoteycd Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Definitely bulking here. Also my diary is open and I eat around 4,000 calories daily so if you need suggestions feel free to take a look or ask!
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    been bulking every day for two years with cycles of bulk then cut for two years before that.

must. hit. 230. lean
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Bulking here to. Currently between 3000-4000 calories a day, but yet to find actual bulking range - just over one month in, and weight is the same.
  • zedgt87
    zedgt87 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    bout to join the bolking crew.

And damn wobb thats a huge bulk for a woman! dreamer bulk!