Bananas...

Options
2»

Replies

• willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    No, I do not eat bananas. I'm definitely losing lots of fat w/o them! lol...
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Do you eat them? For me i eat around 3 a day. They are a great snack and energy booster. But i have a friend who is doing an intense exercise program and she has been told not to have bananas. Does anybody know why that is? And do you eat them and still lose weight?

Well they are one of the five foods to never eat while dieting...

It's because they are so energy dense. Pure carbs. Good idea for 1 hour+ cardio days, not a good idea for sedentary days.

3 bananas = 300 calories (about 2-3 hours of cardio).

If you struggle with keeping a calorie deficit, bananas would be a bad idea. They're not good for satiety, either.

There is no rule that you have to do an hour of cardio per banana. That's just ridiculous.

And no bananas on sedentary days? Why not? So if I eat a banana every day and 3 of the 7 days I'm sedentary but every day I'm hitting my calories and macros to be in caloric deficit daily what will happen? Will I not be able to lose weight simply because I'm eating bananas?

I agree.

3 bananas = approximately 300 calories, how does that mean two to three hours of cardio?
  • bingefreeaubree
    bingefreeaubree Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Well they are one of the five foods to never eat while dieting...

According to whose rules? If eating bananas works, don't argue with it.

LOL you missed the sarcasm font........there's a banner ad that shows up frequently that, supposedly, lets us in on the secret of what 5 foods never to eat and the image in the banner is a banana.

^ Hahaha I see that ad all the time, too! I've never clicked on it, but it shows a banana and then a heavy person and says never to eat these 5 foods to lose weight! I always just roll my eyes at it. No one food is going to cause you to gain weight if you stay under your calorie limit. I can eat all peanut butter and as long as I stay under 1500 calories I bet I'd still lose weight. :tongue:

And in regards to the person who posted saying three bananas would be 2-3 hours of cardio, that gives the impression that you have to burn off every single calorie you put into your mouth, which is a very unhealthy mentality. Your body naturally burns calories on its own so if you kept under your calorie goal eating bananas you don't even have to do any cardio if you didn't want to!

For the record, I love bananas. I usually eat two a day, one for breakfast and one for an afternoon snack before working out. They give you a lot of natural energy and are easy on my stomach. And 100 calories isn't all that much for those of you who think they're too high calorie. Peaches are about 60 calories, oranges about 70 calories, apples are about 90... so 100 calories is pretty normal for a serving of fruit in my opinion. The only fruit that I would define as "really high in calories" would be avocado, but we all know that, since it's a fatty fruit.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    That is such bunk! The only thing I'd worry about from eating 3 bananas a day is being constipated.
  • kelciebananas
    Options
    I LOVE bananas! They're great after a work out because the potassium helps with muscle spasms. I also love that if you put frozen bananas in a food processor, they have the same consistency as ice cream. Toss in a little peanut butter or maple syrup and you've got guilt free dessert.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    Do I cancel the bad if I jog in place while eating said banana?
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Love bananas. I eat 1 everyday!!! :tongue:

Next thing they will say is that bacon is bad for you!!! :noway: :sad:
  • ghost15026
    Options
    I LOVE bananas! They're great after a work out because the potassium helps with muscle spasms. I also love that if you put frozen bananas in a food processor, they have the same consistency as ice cream. Toss in a little peanut butter or maple syrup and you've got guilt free dessert.

Funny you say that. Anytime I botch a smoothie/shake I just grab a banana to fix it for those very reasons lol