Gave in and went jeans shopping this weekend

Options
sjkcwatson
sjkcwatson Posts: 61 Member
Broke down and bought new jeans this weekend now that I'm at goal and mine were falling off - size 3/4 and 1/2 - wow! I KNOW sizes have changed because I never wore a size 1/2 note even since junior high and I was an athlete. But - in comparison to recent years I'm down 2-3 sizes. Even found a pair of XS capri dress pants on clearance - and they fit! I was shocked. It's amazing to me that all this comes from watching calories. I exercise - by walking (and intend to add some more strength training soon because I know the weight bearing exercise is good for bones, and I'm turning 40 next month - ack, etc) - but it is really a matter of calories. Everyone keeps asking what I've done different - it's simple, log/track calories, more variety, more fruits, lots of water, and some exercise (gives me more calories and it's just good for me health wise). It's taken me 230 days so far. It's like people don't want to believe it is as simple as calories. I have to have done more - some special diet, cut out all of something, done some fancy exercise program. Nope - no gym (not that I would mind, just don't have the finances right now), no fancy foods, just eating good (wth treats in there) and walking regularly when I can. I mostly walk during my kids soccer practices. Around the field or around the nearby track. My dog has gotten so used to walking with me that if I have my tennis shoes on she follows me around the house waiting to go - so if I'm not going right then I have to remember to take my shoes off. My 3 kids love to ride bikes/scooters while we walk. They ask me if I'm going to walk so they can come - even if they've already had practices, etc. It's just funny how it has changed our lifestyle and attitude.

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!