Need friends for support in binge eating recovery

Options
I am so sick of binge eating. I NEED to stop, and I think being friends with others who have gone through/are going through the same thing would be a huge help. I've talked to a counselor and friends but I don't feel like they know what I'm going through.

I eat healthy most of the time, but when I begin to binge, the urge to eat anything and everything in sight totally takes over, and I can't stop myself.

I just read a book called "The Hungry Years" by William Leith. It has given me hope that I can beat this.

I don't want to go into the details of my bingeing, but if you are recovering or have recovered, I'd love for you to add me and we can have a PM chat if you want.

Replies

• Diane1966
    Diane1966 Posts: 20
    Options
    Hi
    You sound just like me. I think I eat healthy at least 75% of the time then when I get stressed it triggers something and I binge like mad to the point I feel sick. Then I'll behave few a few days then off it goes again, but at the moment I'm trying to be more aware of this and I seem to be controlling I a lot me.
    Diane
  • dreamingdaughter
    dreamingdaughter Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Fellow Binge Eater here :(
  • carollynch09
    carollynch09 Posts: 111
    Options
    I've got it under control. I was a binge/purger for...should I say.? over 20 years! UGH. I thought I was in control because I controlled what when in and what came out. WRONG. I was totally OUT of control. Please feel free to add me. Would love to chat.

carol
  • pan_jam
    pan_jam Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey, binge eater and compulsive overeater here!

I'm in recovery, I've been having therapy for 18 months now and it's soon to end (I've come a hell of a long way). Weight loss is slow and I find it hard to stay motivated so could definitely use a buddy. Have you read 'Food: the good girl's drug' by Sunny Sea Gold? That's a gooden. I also blog about binge eating and stuff but not much anymore at doesmybumlookbiginthis.org - Like i said I don't blog much but if you wanted some more info it might help. I hate it when people plug their blogs so this really isn't to get views or followers, which is why I'm only mentioning because i don't blog much anymore.

Feel free to add me (it's my first time in the message boards so i''ll attempt to add you) and we'll kick some eating disorder *kitten* :)
  • ADixie4You2Know
    ADixie4You2Know Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I too struggle with binge eating disorder. I dont think its something I will ever be completely healed of although most of the time I am able to keep it in check. I have really struggled this whole month after doing so well. Im hopeing next month will be better. Im soo close to my goal weight yet so far away.
  • JTutz
    JTutz Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    *Struggling* to recover, myself. Brutal. Bumping....
  • savingkadee
    Options
    Hi there!

I have been diagnosed with bulimia nervosa with a tendency to restrict at times too. It's really a whole cycle for me - I go from not eating anything to binging to purging and then starting all over again! You are all welcome to add me, I am in recovery and working my hardest to get better and finally be happy. <3 We can support each other on this journey!! :)

xx Kadee
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I am in recovery from every eating disorder in the book but most recently binge eating. I sent you a friend request and if you would like to chat over private message feel free!
  • mdivamuffin
    mdivamuffin Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I also would love friends with bed as I'm a sufferer too. I hadn't binged in a while then went on holidays and started just wth over eating the first couple of days then culminated in a major binge yesterday. i'M too ashamed to even log the calories :blushing:
    I really want to recover as well. Feel free to add me.
  • Miffylou
    Miffylou Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Hi, I will also send through a friend request as have been in a similar situation. Over the years I have learnt what my triggers are and try my hardest everyday to avoid them as I know once it starts its so hard to stop. I have found that being on here this month has really helped as it is not something I have not talked about openly. If others would also like to add me as a friend the support would be great.
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    I am so sick of binge eating. I NEED to stop, and I think being friends with others who have gone through/are going through the same thing would be a huge help. I've talked to a counselor and friends but I don't feel like they know what I'm going through.

I eat healthy most of the time, but when I begin to binge, the urge to eat anything and everything in sight totally takes over, and I can't stop myself.

I just read a book called "The Hungry Years" by William Leith. It has given me hope that I can beat this.

I don't want to go into the details of my bingeing, but if you are recovering or have recovered, I'd love for you to add me and we can have a PM chat if you want.

I started binge eating almost a year and a half into my recovery treatment, and compensated by restricting which only made the binges bigger and more regularly. It took alot of people telling me I needed to eat more to stop the binges but after four months of everyone telling I finally took their advice and began around my tdee, sometimes over too. It's been around two months and the binge urges have mostly stopped, if I do feel the urge to binge now I eat at tdee or a little over. I am now also able to eat the foods I used to binge on, in moderation:). Have you seen a doctor?
  • clmeg
    clmeg Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm in recovery for binge eating, hoping MFP can help me along!
  • Event_Horizon975
    Event_Horizon975 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I know how you feel.
  • Ladina1990
    Ladina1990 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you and trust me I know its hard to stop, CHOCOLATE is the one thing I will eat so much of even if it is low cal, please feel free to add me for support I get on everyday and my diary is open, im still struggling with this everyday but im here to help ;)
  • JoAnn0209
    JoAnn0209 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    My name is Jo Ann. I just started MFP a couple hours ago. I am 66 and have had a binge-eating disorder since I was 7. I usually binge eat over stress. I just wrote a really informative introduction and lost it somehow. So this intro is shorter. I hope it makes it.
  • skinnnysenior
    Options
    I'm a compulsive over-eater (I don't binge necessarily on huge amounts of food compared to many with BED, but it is bad and very compulsive sometimes). I gained 15 pounds this year over-eating and am down 5 from there. Feel free to add me! :)
  • Ruth4111gut
    Ruth4111gut Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me..I know how you feel..
  • dga226
    dga226 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    i dont really binge eat more binge drink a 3 liter bottle of soda in no time I have been trying to cut back and ahve but when i get upset i like to guzzle it down oh the maddness
  • hnoelle85
    hnoelle85 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    HI! I understand where you are coming from I have a binge eating disorder and restrictive at times. Though I know everybody's story is different i'm sure we can relate feel free to add me if youd like
  • Guinivere
    Guinivere Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I've sent a friend request.

I'm a recovering binger. Had anorexia athletica twenty-three years ago - I beat that so my brain obviously felt I needed another challenge!

I finally feel I've got it beaten into submission - still get the thoughts and urges when life gets a bit overwhelming or stressful but have tools to make them go away.

Happy to support any fellow binger and share what's working for me.