All progress lost in one week...

Options
So I'm on to week 3. Tomorrow is my "official" weigh-in, so my profile isn't showing it, but because curiosity has gotten the best of me, I had a pre-weigh-in weigh-in. I'm right back to where I started. In less than a week I have gained back every pound that I have lost. I exercise 4 to 5 days a week, I eat between 300-600 calories below goal (with a goal of 2270, which I find a very difficult goal to actually meet...)

Obviously I'll keep going, but seriously, what a way to ruin a good mood :(

Replies

• mags726
    mags726 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! Do you know where you got off track so you can avoid it happening again? You might be pleasantly surprised at your weigh-in but also don't get discouraged by the numbers. There are other ways that can show you've lost weight like looser clothes and overall appearance. Keep at it, you can do this!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it I am sure you didn't gain 6lbs in a week...take a deep breath and relax...
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    So I'm on to week 3. Tomorrow is my "official" weigh-in, so my profile isn't showing it, but because curiosity has gotten the best of me, I had a pre-weigh-in weigh-in. I'm right back to where I started. In less than a week I have gained back every pound that I have lost. I exercise 4 to 5 days a week, I eat between 300-600 calories below goal (with a goal of 2270, which I find a very difficult goal to actually meet...)

Obviously I'll keep going, but seriously, what a way to ruin a good mood :(

You didn't gain 6lbs in a week unless you ate 21,000 calories above your TDEE.

You have some water weigh.
  • lesteidel
    lesteidel Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Could be water, could be muscles could be different times of day.

Buy a tape measure.

At least when the scale is wonky you will be able to see progress.

Chances are , if you are following your diet and are exercising that you did not gain six pounds of fat.

Scales can be devious, misleading creatures sometimes
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Quit weighing in so much.

I weigh in once a week. This week I was up 4lbs.

It happens, you have a very long road in front of you, quit looking for the end...
  • laylaness
    laylaness Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    It's probably water weight. I noticed less weight fluctuations when I started drinking more water, for what it's worth.