Am I doing something wrong?

Options
I haven't lost any weight in over a month. I've only lost 1kg since I started my diet again, which was 2 months ago. I've only passed my calorie goal once, by 150 calories. I was pretty lazy before but I've been playing basketball for at least an hour for the past week, and today I was bicycling around my town for 45 minutes. My BMR is 1,588 and my daily calorie goal is 1230. I was on this 1300 kcal diet before and it worked just fine, but now I seem to be stuck at 176 lbs and I can't lose a pound.
Am I doing something wrong?

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Up your calories. You need to fuel your body for all of the extra work you're doing. If your BMR is 1588, than you should be eating at least that amount. Your BMR is the caloric need for you to just be you.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Up your calories. You need to fuel your body for all of the extra work you're doing. If your BMR is 1588, than you should be eating at least that amount. Your BMR is the caloric need for you to just be you.

This.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing your food? and your exercise what are you doing and how are the calories burned calculated.

I ask about the food weighing due to this thread http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think which really opened my eyes. I started weighing my food immediately and discovered I was way underestimating some foods way over esitmating others...

As for the calories burned you could be over estimating with that as well. HRM work well for cardio but not for weight training and circut training.

As well 1230 calories isn't a whole lot...it's better to use your TDEE -20 or 25% to figure out what your calorie needs are to loose weight. There is a good post on that as well

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets
  • robertgal74
    Options
    The way I'm understanding it is, that you earn calories if you work out. I guess it means you can eat more calories if you do.

47160412.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • smwooley
    smwooley Posts: 133 Member
    Options

Agree. ^^This. You are definitely not eating enough and this will not only cause you to plateau, you may start to gain again. Look at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/975025-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet
    This is a good place to start.
  • IronCakes
    IronCakes Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    You most definitely need to do some research and reading. BMR is the calories needed just for you to live day to day and that's without exercise. Second I would recommend going to www.iifym.com and checking out there TDEE calculator. That website has a ton and good information. Happy reading!
  • S0nsh1ne
    S0nsh1ne Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary and this week you seem to be doing a good job logging. I'm happy to see you are logging and eating back your exercise calories; also logging water. A week or so ago there where days that you were not logging so I didn't go any further than that.
    Also when listing homemade hot dogs, homemade fries, etc where are you getting the calories for those foods? Your breakfast sandwiches, did you calculate using the calories of the actual bread and other ingredients you are using?
    A month w/o weight loss isn't bad especially if you are exercising. Have you been measuring yourself? Maybe try that.
    Keep up the good work.
  • MissMollyMN
    Options
    Increase cal intake a little bit to rev your metabolism. Also, do yourself a favor and don't do "diets". Make healthier choices and make it more about a lifestyle change, that way you don't feel like you are constantly depriving yourself of things you enjoy to lose weight.
  • twinsmom03
    twinsmom03 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Increase your protein
  • naou
    naou Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Well as I said, I'm on a 1300 kcal diet which worked fine before. I lost 55 lbs when I was on it before, without passing the daily calorie goal.

My endocrinologist gave me this diet, with a note that I can't eat more than that.

And yes, I'm weighing my food. I can post the diet here if you think that's gonna help you give me a better advice.

As for the days when I didn't log my food, it was because I didn't have internet access. I did stick to my diet though.

Those homemade hot dogs and french fries are also a part of my diet. There's a certain amount I can eat and I stick to it, so those calories are pretty much accurate.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Well as I said, I'm on a 1300 kcal diet which worked fine before. I lost 55 lbs when I was on it before, without passing the daily calorie goal.

My endocrinologist gave me this diet, with a note that I can't eat more than that.

And yes, I'm weighing my food. I can post the diet here if you think that's gonna help you give me a better advice.

As for the days when I didn't log my food, it was because I didn't have internet access. I did stick to my diet though.

Those homemade hot dogs and french fries are also a part of my diet. There's a certain amount I can eat and I stick to it, so those calories are pretty much accurate.

Why are you seeing an endocrinologist? If he says you can't go over then you can either listen to him, or not listen to him. If you're not losing weight either the numbers are wrong, or your body isn't getting enough fuel, IMO.
  • naou
    Options

Why are you seeing an endocrinologist? If he says you can't go over then you can either listen to him, or not listen to him. If you're not losing weight either the numbers are wrong, or your body isn't getting enough fuel, IMO.

I have a pituitary microadenoma that causes hormonal imbalance. I'm also taking Dostinex (Cabergoline) pills.
  • naou
    Options
    Here's the diet

(Note: It was given to me in my native language, on a piece of paper. I made this and translated it in English. However, there were things that I didn't know how to translate, so I didn't put them here)

tk2m.jpg