Wondering if there is anyone similar? On rapid loss shakes?

Options
My name is Cassandra and I recently started on MFP.

I have just restarted my weightloss journey after yo-yo dieting for the last 4 years.

I've had people tell me several times to lose weight but it took my younger brother last week
to actually d to shock me by saying that he was sick of me saying I need to lose weight and not doing
anything about it. He had never spoken like that before.

That kicked me into doing something.

I am on a rapid loss shake once a day, even though there is only one a day I am struggling with knowing
that it's a shake. I was wondering if there was hs experienced anyone else who has struggled with shakes and
if they have any tips to get past the first few days of doubt.

Fingers crossed this time works.

Replies

• marielnunez
    Options
    i m doing almost the same thing with herbalife and ive lost 8 punds
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Have you tried actually using mfp as designed? Not diving into rapid loss shakes or other temporary fixes?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Why not just eat at a deficit? Seems more sustainable to me.
  • twinmombb
    twinmombb Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Keep at it, I had to do shakes that were dr monitored and it was hard at first but it gets easier. Just stick with it and it will be come like second nature to you. good luck! :)
  • AmberleyAngel
    AmberleyAngel Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I did Optifast - three shakes a day and 2 cups veges for 3 months. 2 shakes, plus one meal for 2 months and then one shake plus 2 meals for 6 weeks before leaving behind the shakes.

Now I use MFP to guide me the rest of the way to my goal. :smile:

Best wishes for your journey.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I have a protein shake once in awhile as a snack, but the rest of the time I just eat normal food and use my MFP log to make sure I get my calories and nutrition. I think I would go insane if I had to limit my calories or food choices severely. More power to you, if you can do that! Best of luck to you.
  • catfive1
    catfive1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Why not just eat at a deficit? Seems more sustainable to me.

^^ This
  • phxfire1952
    phxfire1952 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Shakes are fine for one meal or a post workout supplement. I'm a believer in not using any shakes that have aspartame or splenda in the them. High protein shakes are great after a good workout. Shakes for every meal.....I'm out. That is not a sustainable eating regimen. Low sugar, low carb, high protein, good fats, and an exercise routine of cardio and weights is the ticket to losing weight and keeping it off.

J.
  • MandiK3
    MandiK3 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    In the nicest way possible, why a shake? Is it something you are going to maintain long term.. is it replace a meal? IMO having a shake isn't sustainable long term, learning healthy eating habits and portion control is more beneficial to the long term. To each their own it is after all your journey and story just my 2 cents :) best of luck with what you decide. xo
  • Cass0208
    Cass0208 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    hello,

thankyou for the positive response.

For those who mentioned eating at a deficit, I'm not entirely sure I understand what you mean by this? I'm terribly
    sorry to sound naive but could you possibly explain it?

The shake is a meal replacement but only for one meal a day, it was recommended that I use it for 6-10 weeks at one meal a
    day to keep my metabolism going, being that I am a shift worker I use it for tea on afternoon shift or breakfast on an early to ensure that I do eat as normally wouldnt.

Thankyou to those who posted advice. I appreciate the time you've taken to do so.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    hello,

thankyou for the positive response.

For those who mentioned eating at a deficit, I'm not entirely sure I understand what you mean by this? I'm terribly
    sorry to sound naive but could you possibly explain it?

The shake is a meal replacement but only for one meal a day, it was recommended that I use it for 6-10 weeks at one meal a
    day to keep my metabolism going, being that I am a shift worker I use it for tea on afternoon shift or breakfast on an early to ensure that I do eat as normally wouldnt.

Thankyou to those who posted advice. I appreciate the time you've taken to do so.

A deficit means eating less than you burn. So, instead of forking over money for shakes, just weigh and log your food and eat 500cals less than your burning. Do this, and you'll lose a lb a week.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Set up mfp.
    It gives you a number of calories to eat.
    That number is a goal.
    It is enough to feed you, but not enough to gain or maintain.. thus a deficit.
    It uses food.
    It is sustainable.
    It works.
  • slim4health56
    slim4health56 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    My name is Cassandra and I recently started on MFP.

I have just restarted my weightloss journey after yo-yo dieting for the last 4 years.

I've had people tell me several times to lose weight but it took my younger brother last week
    to actually d to shock me by saying that he was sick of me saying I need to lose weight and not doing
    anything about it. He had never spoken like that before.

That kicked me into doing something.

I am on a rapid loss shake once a day, even though there is only one a day I am struggling with knowing
    that it's a shake. I was wondering if there was hs experienced anyone else who has struggled with shakes and
    if they have any tips to get past the first few days of doubt.

Fingers crossed this time works.

Lots of folks here who won't support this, but it can work if you stick with it. I'm more concerned that you've begun this journey without knowledge of basic calorie deficit, particularly when you know that yo-yo diets don't stick. Your "diet" must be sustainable - something you can live with and logging/counting all calories in whatever system you want to use will go a long way to support your success. It's a change in lifestyle. If you don't change, it won't work. Also, that one shake a day is not magic - it won't cause weight loss if you're eating more calories throughout the remainder of the day. Arm yourself with information on how your body functions, what causes weight gain/loss, and use the tools available to support a healthier lifestyle. Good luck to you!
  • italianshawtee
    Options
    I have done the rapid loss shakes.. I found that I would lose it .. and as soon as I stopped taking it.. I would gain all the weight back .. Right now I am on Skinny Fiber:) I love it I am 12lbs 5 inches down I started 3 weeks ago.. I love the product soo much I have actually committed to helping other people find this product .. If you want to know more please send me a message I will happily answer your questions
  • Cass0208
    Cass0208 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thankyou,

I did think it might mean something like that but having clarification is nice.

Thankyou.