Options
    oh-I am so happy for you!!
  • goldiejoe
    goldiejoe Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Happy news! I am so proud of you :smile:
  • Grammie2
    Options
    CONGRATS ON YOUR SUCCESSFUL WEIGHT LOSS! I too am in a wheelchair and know that weight loss is quite a challenge for those of us who have mobility challenges. Glad to see you are remaining focused on your goal and willing to work with your doctors to reach a healthy weight for yourself. You are now an example of hope and success for me. So happy to know you have been cleared for your knee surgery. Wishing you well and good health with this changing event as you seek a healthier you!

You asked about what others get focused on along the weight loss journey. For me, I think I get fixated on the next set of 10's each time I weigh. I also tend to set by date ______ goals to reach a specific_______ goal. Sometime motivating other times not so much. I have lost and regained tons of weight in my life as I have had problems with my weight since I was 13. Earlier in life my goals were all set "to look good or wear a specific size" now am motivated to be able to feel better and to be more independent. Trying to remind myself that the weight on the scale is just one part of the whole picture for me.... I have to remind myself that if I can stand, walk or bend better then that is progress for me. Would love to be able to walk more with my walker! :smile:
  • Scubanana7
    Scubanana7 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    woohoo! Good for you. And don't call yourself a cheater. You didn't cheat. That kind-hearted sweet lil hubby just tried to help you out a little! Bless his little heart. But you are there--the weight is gone and the surgery is near. :bigsmile:
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    woohoo! Good for you. And don't call yourself a cheater. You didn't cheat. That kind-hearted sweet lil hubby just tried to help you out a little! Bless his little heart. But you are there--the weight is gone and the surgery is near. :bigsmile:

Don't encourage that hubbie of mine. He is not getting ANYWHERE NEAR THE SCALE, when I go to my next appointment. He has proved that he cannot be trusted. :noway:
  • LinOtt
    LinOtt Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Bet Special Ed is pleased as well! Well done!
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, i know how frustrating it was but you gotta admit your hubbie is amazing. and so are you.

kudos to you for *really* achieving an amazing goal.

My "numbers" goals:
    Go below 100 kg (my scale is in kg) - which i achieved.
    Fit into my size 18s (can now get INTO them and even zip them but cannot breathe)
    Get to onderland.

I do hit plateaus but i stopped calling them plateaus. I decided "it's just what it is". you lose a little then you stop and your body adjusts then you lose a little bit more and then your body adjusts. I don't worry about it. As long as i see a general downward movement, i'm fine