S.B.F. Fitness Challenge. . .July 12th

yoginimary
yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
Yumm, Saturday. Sleeping late and farmer's market.

Yesterday, I did outside yoga for an hour. Burned 225 calories. It was in the lower 90s and high humidity - almost all standing poses. My dad loves having a private yoga teacher on his porch, so it looks like this will be somewhat regular. Also walked for 40 minutes. Rather easy day.

Today I need to go to the gym and do an hour elliptical and maybe some walking as well. Having yummy pizza tonight. Tomorrow, I'm back on counting calories, sigh.

Happy workouts!

Mary

Replies

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Yumm, Saturday. Sleeping late and farmer's market.

Yesterday, I did outside yoga for an hour. Burned 225 calories. It was in the lower 90s and high humidity - almost all standing poses. My dad loves having a private yoga teacher on his porch, so it looks like this will be somewhat regular. Also walked for 40 minutes. Rather easy day.

Today I need to go to the gym and do an hour elliptical and maybe some walking as well. Having yummy pizza tonight. Tomorrow, I'm back on counting calories, sigh.

Happy workouts!

Mary
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    I have found myself on the "intense week / easy week" rotation with some of you. For some reason this week just didn't pan out to much exercise. I've stayed busy though.

I think I am so exhausted after intense weeks that I need a week to recover! I'm already looking forward to this coming week being intense. For some reason, if I have a bad day, the whole week is lost. So, I started today with turkey bacon and 2 eggs with oj. Bran muffin snack now.

Have I shared my muffin discovery? Martha White (the little bags of mix in the stores) has a honey bran muffin that is delicious and only 150 cal/muffin. Dietary wise, they're pretty balanced: 3.5g fat, 26g carbs, 2g protein and 3g fiber plus a nice percentage of B6 & 12 and other vitamins. I know there are other high fiber alternatives, but these actually taste good, so I use them for my snacks. That's 20% daily fiber for two snacks! Yipee my digestive tract exclames :laugh:

Have a great weekend!
    Arianne :happy:
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    I love Saturdays! I just finished my Walk Slim (3 mile) DVD...

I have a wedding to attend this afternoon... It's a cake and punch reception... and ohhhh I love wedding cake! I'm planning to have a very small piece, and hopefully they have water so I can opt out of punch.

This evening my bf and I are going to a cookout with friends. Luckily they are into healthy eating... we're having chicken kabobs, grilled veggies, and salad. I'm sure I will partake in a couple of beers. Hopefully they won't do too much damage!

Arianne - thanks for the muffin tip. I'm going to try them.

Enjoy the weekend everyone!
  • Good morning everyone, Hope you enjoy the weekend. I loged 18 km on the bike, got a flat 1/2 mile from home. My sister and I are going to the rodeo today. Hopefully we I can stay on tract with the food. :happy:
  • blondeheat
    blondeheat Posts: 254 Member
    Today is easy spin for 15 min. I bought my Power bar, quick lace "ties" and found a bar end plug to replace my mirror on my bike. I don't know if the mirror would disquaify my bike tomorrow. I have to caulk the bathtub and pack my stuff for the tri tomorrow. I am amazed at how many more calorie are availible on maintainance!

Good workouts everyone!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Today is yoga, and an evening walk if the rain stays away. . .(and I think that's a big "if" today)

Continue to stay within calories by eating first and logging later. So that, water and vits are on the list for today.

Happy workouts!:flowerforyou:
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Viva- you're doing awesome!!! Keep it up. Sounds like you have made the lifestyle change we are all working toward!

kwelshw- best of luck on the triathlon.

I had a great run and did it in my fastest time yet. Guess that means I have to add more mileage. I think I'm up for it. My goals for this week will be: 1) min. of 5 miles each time I run, 2) two total body lifts (or 2 upper/2 lower), and to reach 145lbs. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can :bigsmile:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,694 Member
    Hey everyone. I'm not in the best frame of mind or condition today. I think I may have miscarried last night.:brokenheart: I'm not 100% sure. My girly has been whacked out for a week and after seven days it hit hard. I miscarried over three years ago but I was 8 weeks along so it was a lot worse. I was only a week or two along this time if I was indeed pregnant. We've been trying so maybe we were. I know what it feels like to miscarry and I think the feelings I had during the night were very similar to last time just not as strong. Maybe that's too much info. Sorry.
    Anyway, I'm recovering today. I don't feel too bad, but I lost some sleep and I'm tired from crying some.
    After eating lunch I realized that I think I am going to be able to stay in my calories today so that's some good news. I was a little worried I wouldn't be able to do it without exercise. We may go for a stroll later this evening if I feel up to it. I am going to get my son and I ready for a nap. Talk to you all later.
    Mel
  • blondeheat
    blondeheat Posts: 254 Member
    Oh Mechanicmom, I am so sorry. :sad: I have gone through that. Here's a big hug. Good for you on keeping on track during a tough time.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Oh, Mechanic Mom. . .I'm so sorry. I know that is a heartbreak. Take care of yourself.:flowerforyou: :heart: