!!!100 Pounds Before Next Summer

Options
Today is August 27, 2013. I'm going to vacation next summer to the Philippines at about June 10, 2014.

Now my question is, how can I lose 100 pounds before then? If I lose that much weight, my prize will be that I'll have my own big shopping spree when I go to the Philippines! Clothes there are smaller ofcourse, and that's why I want to lose so much. I'm currently 230, and 5"4" so that's pretty bad.
Does anyone have any meal plans they can suggest? Maybe even share your workout routine? Anything would help! Which foods to avoid, which foods to eat... Also, do you think my goal is realistic? If I work really hard, I usually lose 3 pounds a week.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• rosiemay3
    Options
    I don't have meal plans or workout plans, but I can tell you that all you need to do is eat (mostly) unprocessed, healthy, low fat/calorie foods and exercise as much as you can (focusing on cardio and weights). This is the best way to lose weight healthily and to ensure that it stays off in the long run. Log everything that you eat on here so you can check that you're eating the right amount :) There's no reason why you can't lose 100 pounds before next summer :) Good luck!
  • workout_ninja
    workout_ninja Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I think that is a very realistic goal. Yes you may lose 3lbs per week, but you will have some bad weeks and as you lose weight, your loss will slow down.

I started my workouts by downloading a couch to 5k podcast and started running. I now run 5+ days a week plus some weight training - remember, you will have to do weights to give muscle otherwise you will have loose skin.

Good luck with your journey, feel free to add me as a friend, Im on everyday and offer support when I can :smile:
  • 1wweightloss
    Options
    I have lost more than 100 pounds since last September. I have ... In the past my diet was mainly carbs, and I was always hungry.

I'll tell you it's really hard to loose weight during summer time!
  • NeolithicLolite
    Options
    I don't have meal plans or workout plans, but I can tell you that all you need to do is eat (mostly) unprocessed, healthy, low fat/calorie foods and exercise as much as you can (focusing on cardio and weights). This is the best way to lose weight healthily and to ensure that it stays off in the long run. Log everything that you eat on here so you can check that you're eating the right amount :) There's no reason why you can't lose 100 pounds before next summer :) Good luck!

Thanks a lot! It helps to have your motivation.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Just maintain a calorie deficit. No one else is going to be exactly like you, so even "meal plans" are useless unless that person is.. well.. you.

Guidelines? Sure. Lean proteins, good carbs, good fats. Just make sure it's enough food to maintain a consistent loss.

This app will be just fine, as long as you measure your food/intake accurately. Get a food scale, use generic entries in the food database. Get enough water, enough sleep. I'd recommend picking up heavy things a few days a week.

... but don't stress out about a time goal. I mean, sure, it's POSSIBLE... but what if you lose 60 lbs by then... would you consider yourself a failure?
  • athenasurrenders
    athenasurrenders Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Just maintain a calorie deficit. No one else is going to be exactly like you, so even "meal plans" are useless unless that person is.. well.. you.

Guidelines? Sure. Lean proteins, good carbs, good fats. Just make sure it's enough food to maintain a consistent loss.

This app will be just fine, as long as you measure your food/intake accurately. Get a food scale, use generic entries in the food database. Get enough water, enough sleep. I'd recommend picking up heavy things a few days a week.

... but don't stress out about a time goal. I mean, sure, it's POSSIBLE... but what if you lose 60 lbs by then... would you consider yourself a failure?
    This post is full of truth.

If you set out thinking that you must lose 100lbs by that date, you will feel disappointed even if you lose 70lbs, which is still an awesome achievement. Just remember that every pound is a win.

It's theoretically possible to lose 100lbs by June, but that doesn't mean that you will, even if you work really really hard. Everyone is different. Some weeks you will gain or not lose. 3lbs a week might be manageable now but when you are close to goal, half a pound a week might be more realistic.

Just stick with the program. Weigh and log every single mouthful because it is so easy to underestimate and cheat yourself. Exercise - strength and resistance training are what will make your body look sculpted. Don't starve yourself - aside from the fact it will make you ill, it will also make you more likely to give up. And when you slip up - which you will, because you're a human - forgive yourself and move on. Don't let it become a big issue.
  • NeolithicLolite
    Options

Even 70 pounds is good, it's just that I list down 100 because having a direct goal for myself helps me alot to focus, just as much as how rewarding myself will help me continue.