calories in a slice of vegan pizza

Options
I can't find this pizza place online since it is local. but i broke my diet and bought vegan pizza tonight at 1130! Is this going to affect my diet? How many calroies are typically in a slice of vegan like pizza with thin crust, artichoke, zucchini, carrots and red peppers and tomato sauce

Replies

• Arabian♥Breeze
    Options
    normally 480 calories...Try not to make it a habbit. I had one slice of the same pizza the other day lol and im still losing 4 pounds a week but i only had one slice and i work out 60 min a day
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    its not going to ruin your diet. hell, today i had three pieces of pizza for lunch (only two of them thin crust).
    i was still under calories and i dont feel guilty at all.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Only if you keep doing it regularly.

Forget about it and start again tomorrow.
  • fxst78
    fxst78 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Usually on a Pizza the killer is the Cheese and the fatty meats, so a Vegan Pizza is probably not that high in cals and with vegies is probably not that bad at all.
  • rockerbabyy
    Options
    i was gonna say ...480 sounds really high. i had a slice of bbq chicken pizza with pineapple, red peppers, jalapenos and cheese..normal crust... 350 calories. thin crust was chicken, artichoke hearts, roasted garlic, and mushrooms. i estimated 220 based on a similar pizza from that place but it has a cream sauce and i got red.
  • whisperingdragon
    Options
    There is a cooked pizza in the fridge right now here because my husband wanted it yesterday, pizza is my weakness. I haven't touched it, in a few hours I'm going to stick it in the blender and give it to my basset hounds.. the temptation is killing me.
  • Bovaryoo
    Bovaryoo Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    Amy's frozen vegan pizza is 320 calories for 1/3 of the pizza. It is a rice crust, though. I think it's fine to have pizza, especially a vegan one. I normally have a slice or two of vegetarian pizza once a week or every two weeks (It is my major weakness). If it is one of your weaknesses too, I'd recommend making it for yourself in the future, so you can make sure it's healthier. Also, I make sure that it's on a day when I'm having a more intense workout.
  • Arabian♥Breeze
    Options
    i was gonna say ...480 sounds really high. i had a slice of bbq chicken pizza with pineapple, red peppers, jalapenos and cheese..normal crust... 350 calories. thin crust was chicken, artichoke hearts, roasted garlic, and mushrooms. i estimated 220 based on a similar pizza from that place but it has a cream sauce and i got red.

If you dont know the exact calories of something its better to choose the highest calorie one just incase the one you eat really was it
  • rockerbabyy
    Options

If you dont know the exact calories of something its better to choose the highest calorie one just incase the one you eat really was it
    thats pretty much what i did. the one i added to my diary was thin crust, spinach alfredo sauce, chicken, and tomatoes.
    i figured it was close enough, even though i got red sauce, and only half at that..
  • caly_man
    caly_man Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    hiya peeps,

i could use your assistance. I always try my best to track my calories but a lot of times I eat stuff that I can't quite figure out. I started tracking calories for the first time in my life on Feb2013.

if you guys could help me estimate, that that would be great.

you're looking at a slice of veggie pizza from a local mom/pop shop, the slice weighs 6.7 oz or 0.418 pounds.

I really dont know how much to enter per slice. any help is greatly appreciated. the calories will dictate how much i eat. although I suspect it wont be more than 3 slices.

67oz_pizza.jpg

can ya help me guess the calories? thanks!

EDIT to say: looking at MFP database (keywords: veggie pizza slice), slices range from 125 - 660 cals
  • trinamerry
    Options
    A small vegan pizza is approximately 200-300 calories depending on your crust and toppings. A large vegan slice is around 150 calories. I am a raw food vegan but when I go out with friends, this is a fun social food. The refined flour is unhealthy & gluten free pizza crusts are an even healthier choice if you have that option in your neighborhood. Avoid vegan cheeses & go with a raw cheese source like cashew cheese if you must have something cheese like. Raw vegan pizzas are about 170 calories for two slices, if you feel like trying something different, delicious and packed with nutrients. Personally, I love just having veggies & sauce & its less calories. I recommend eating a large green salad with your pizza to feel satiated and aid digestion. Hope that helps and good luck on your journey towards health!
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Being nearly two years late and full of pseudo science, probably not.
  • 1wweightloss
    Options
    Using premade whole-wheat dough adds fiber and cuts prep time in half. Plus tomatoes are low-cal and rich in cancer-fighting lycopene.

Ingredients: Whole-wheat refrigerated crust, flour, cornmeal, garlic, part-skim mozzarella, Parmesan, prosciutto, tomatoes, basil, crushed red pepper

Calories: 318