OMG!!!! measuring :(

Options
In the interest of facing my weight issues head on I decided today to measure myself for the first time ever! OMG! Talk about a reality check!! :(

My thigh is a whole 4" bigger than Victoria Beckhams waist!!!! I mean how is that even possible?! On one hand Im thinking jesus that girl must be ill! But on the other hand Im thinking how the hell did I get like this? Why did I not see it??? :(

My normal first reaction to feeling ****ty is to eat eat and eat some more! This time I am posting here on the off chance that I will avoid the kitchen!
:( Feeling actually pretty vile right now :(

Thanks for reading x

Replies

• cheethnico
    cheethnico Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    she is ridiculously thin so don't beat yourself up too much. i would never strive to be that thin i would look sick im meant to have curves :-) well done for posting instead of reaching for the fridge that's a big step to breaking the cycle. im new to mfp but am really impressed so far i lost 3 stone using another site then just ran out of steam. after looking at some photos of me i realized i needed to get back and loose the other 2 & 1/2 stone that's still holding on for dear life. Those measurements are the starting measurements that's all :-) i use to write in a book weekly for weight and every 2 weeks i measured myself and logged them its helped me better understand my journey so far it may help you also. good luck and keep going x
  • kuroi19
    kuroi19 Posts: 45
    Options
    I'd say go eat eat and eat some more, and record every bit on mfp.
    A reality check will be when it goes what not 2000 calories overboard and tells you you'll weigh much more in 5 weeks time. From my experience that is quite motivational the next day and onwards.
  • ness12346
    Options
    Agreed - she is was too thin. The best thing to do is not to compare yourself to others, but rather find the place that makes you happy and comfortable and healthy!

And - measurements are key. When we exercise while trying to 'lose weight', we often gain muscle which can disguise fat loss, so make sure to keep measuring! (although not every day, that can be just as discouraging!). Feel free to add me as a friend! I'm pretty active and like to post and see other people's food diaries and provide positive encourage when I can, I also love the support I get from all my virtual friends too :)
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Good for you! First you measured many never bother. Second your choosing to post here and not eat your feelings is what will make a change. Anyone who is serious about getting healthy has that aha moment and life takes off from there.
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Good for you! First you measured many never bother. Second your choosing to post here and not eat your feelings is what will make a change. Anyone who is serious about getting healthy has that aha moment and life takes off from there.

Exactly!

What you have is the present, the now, it's what you decide to do from now on that matters!
  • jessannprice
    jessannprice Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Victoria Beckham is crazy rich. She has nannies, chefs, trainers, plastic surgeons...etc etc.

She doesn't even look real to me. She's too nipped and tucked. Comparing yourself to other people is not a good thing to start doing.

You have taken the first step to a healthier you. :) Be proud and do something healthy for yourself today. Go for a walk. Drink lots of water. Add to fresh veggies to your meals.