what do you struggle with?

Options
HI im just wondering what others struggle with on a daily basis am new to Mfp and my journey just started and i think its really easy to become obsessed with numbers planning food etc I feel frustrated alot of the time im not going to give up by some days im just eeehhh! How about everyone else?

Replies

• j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Eating enough, I'm always force feeding. :frown:
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    I struggle with not overeating. I get bored and want to snack. I have to literally stay out of kitchen or I will eat a little of this or that. I did get to goal, maintained and now put back on about 10 lbs. I have been back on plan for about 5 days and it is working. I think I need to be a little more obsessed with the routine.
  • Livin4me1969
    Livin4me1969 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    I struggle with my sodium levels. Once you get used to tracking then it becomes second nature and the excerise while sometimes a struggle I have found that I feel worse if I do not do it. The sodium levels are my killer because it causes so much water retension and that in turn raises the scale so I have to watch that pretty carefully but I always go over.
  • IZackV13
    IZackV13 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Sodium --> Tositos and Salsa
    Carbs --> Bread, Pizza, Beer & Bourbon
    Fat --> Chocolate Anything

Tracking has helped me tremendously, as does the mantra "Do not confuse what you want right now with what you REALLY want." I want to be shredded more than I want any of the above...
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    For a long time I struggled with finding time and motivation to exercise. I learned that I had to MAKE time and that my goals are my motivation. I had to stop saying "I can't because..." and start saying "I can if I..."
  • AIZZO4
    AIZZO4 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Sodium!!!!!!! I struggle to keep it down. Just remember the goal is not it eat perfect, it's to eat better.
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Waiting for my local Gym to call me back - gonna pay them a visit later today :grumble:

Also switching to healthier food I sometimes struggle to eat the quantities to keep calories close to the goal, can normally make them up with a beer or two if I am really stuck:laugh:
  • victortou
    Options
    social situations and cheese are my downfalls.

Once i'm out i really struggle to turn down a bowl of crisps or glass of wine. i've dealt with this by accepting that its in my personality to need to let loose every so often, i don't need to beat myself up over it, if i have a bad evening I simply spread those calories over the week.
    the cheese thing....well i have to more or less give cheese up because once i start i'll be eating pizza, pasties, pasta and cheese, cheese and biscuits, cheesy mash potato....yummy but deadly! I dream of cheese ha!

good luck xxx
  • Patriots96
    Patriots96 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    struggle with wanting to give up (at least every other day) I am an all or nothing gal, which makes it hard when I mess up. Worrying about gaining the weight back is a constant struggle. I have lost 25 lbs so far (13 on MFP) and I ALWAYS gain it back. I am determined not to do that this time. I hear the voice in the back of my head telling me I am going to gain it back and I fight that daily. I worry that one day I will wake up and my clothes will be too tight again. I track my food and workout like I should, so these are unfounded fears, but I guess it takes time to get out of that mindset. I have about 40 more to lose, so I just focus on small goals. Right now am looking at hitting the 30 pound mark as my next goal. A little at a time. I also have to remind myself I have not put any weight back on, since it is easy to get stuck on the number of how much I have (or haven't) lost. I am also a type 1 diabetic, on an insulin pump, so that makes it hard too. I have to eat when my sugars get low, and that adds calories which frustrates me to no end. I could go on and on, but you get the idea. I am determined to get this done by the end of the year, or at least be closer to my goal by then. Feel free to friend me and we can encourage one another!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Patriots96
    Patriots96 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMM.....cheese :happy: :love:
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMM.....cheese :happy: :love:

Oh I forgot this one, cheese is.........well cheese, I mean how could anyone go without lol
  • IronCakes
    IronCakes Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Chocolate, bacon, donuts, more bacon, mexican food, chips, chickfila, moes, bacon, chocolate, donuts and more bacon.
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Not having sex enough.
  • gettingmy_lifeback
    gettingmy_lifeback Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    my eating is great, i struggle with getting a good workout
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Grazing when I'm tired/bored. Especially when I'm tired, I eat without even thinking about it; I'm trying to be more conscious of it though.
  • deenuhme2
    Options
    I get an awesome workout in ....but I struggle with SUGAR. I love CANDY and CAKE and ICE CREAM. ...I crave sugar all of the time. I have tried eating more protein, drinking more water...etc etc etc...I crave SUGAR. :mad:
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    i-cry-because-other-people-are-stupid-that-makes-me-sad-t-shirt.jpg
  • StepMu
    StepMu Posts: 1
    Options
    The thing I struggle with the most is time and energy.. I work 5 days a week and have a 3 month old son. I keep my calorie intake low, have a good diet. But I find I plateau so quickly through dieting alone.

I find I'll stall out at around 17st through dieting and a lot of exercise is required to go lower. However, finding those few hours a week is challenging sometimes. When I get home I just want to have dinner and cuddle my son.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Only thing I struggle with on a daily basis is the jacket the nice doctor gave me to keep warm...

Ywao2PE.gif
  • hnoelle85
    hnoelle85 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I tend to go over my alotted carbs and getting up in the morning to exercise. I've been getting work outs in but i'd love to get up and get them done in the morning.