Top 5 Foods BANNED from my home ...

Options

Replies

• Wildflower0106
    Wildflower0106 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I really only try to ban things that are utter garbage with zero nutritional value. A little dark chocolate and/or red wine are welcome in my house. I think having temptations around to resist and/or enjoy in moderation are the key to long term success.

What foods have zero nutritional value?

Op: I don't ban anything, I just use self control. I wouldn't ban anything anyway because I don't live alone.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Right now, the only thing perma-banned is cereal. I have trouble exercising self-control against eating the whole box, and I don't feel like having willpower while relaxing in my own home.
  • CandiQueen
    Options
    1) Brownies
    2) Ice cream
    3) Anything Chocolate
    4) Candy Bars (Chocolate Bars)
    5) Plain chips with Philadelphia Dip
  • ny2298pdsgt
    ny2298pdsgt Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    anything with alcohol
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    There is 1 week a month where not only can I not control the sweets intake I also cannot stop myself from buying them.. I like chips with alcohol. Although both of those can be in the house and I'm usually ok.

Currently on a sweet bender.. NOT GOOD..
  • shirtswiththumbholes
    shirtswiththumbholes Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Soda
    Bread/Grains/Pasta
    Cookies
    Crackers/Chips
    Candies
  • marcgo2
    marcgo2 Posts: 15
    Options
    Soda
    Ice Cream
    Candy
    Frozen pizza (i can put down the whole thing)
    Did I mention Soda.
  • blessybuva
    blessybuva Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    its hard to pick just 5!

1. sodas and similar drinks
    2. crisps
    3. chocolate/nutella
    4. bread
    5. pancakes
  • mazmataz
    mazmataz Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    ANY kind of sweet. We can't keep them around because I would literally eat them all in one day. It has to be an occasional, I have to get up and actually GO somewhere to get it if I want it.

This!!! I can have a packet of chips in the cupboard for weeks on end never think about it...as soon as there is any sugar in there it's game over! And I also do the 'if I really want it, I'll get off my butt and go out and get it' routine!
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    5) Snickers Ice Cream Bars ( or any ice cream for that matter)

What are yours?

I wheep for you and yours. No ice cream. :sad:

Banned? Kale, that's about it.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Just curious as to the banning mentality...because you have an "issue", adversion, "problem", whatever you want to call it with a specific food... no one else in your household is allowed to enjoy it? Seems like it's your burden, not theirs.
  • danarandallreed
    danarandallreed Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Chips of any kind
    Sweets of any kind
    Chinese take out (I literally lose all rational thinking)
    White rice
    Delivery pizza (esp. Papa John's)
    Breakfast cereals
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I can only think of 2 things, Brussel sprouts and pickles...blech, blah, gah. In theory I should like pickles but I just can't seem to be enticed enough to want to try one.
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    5) Snickers Ice Cream Bars ( or any ice cream for that matter)

What are yours?

I wheep for you and yours. No ice cream. :sad:

Banned? Kale, that's about it.

Agree with you on that one MAG..

Only thing not allowed in my house is NUTELLA ! Everything else is Welcome. If your going to succeed you need to be able to enjoy what you like in moderation and develop some sort of self control....
  • YvonneCT
    YvonneCT Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter... I'm not sure what it is about peanut butter but if it's in the house I will find away to eat it until it's gone.... So I'll be like ohhhh pb toast for breakfast pb and banana for a snack pb sandwich for lunch pb and apples for a snack pb on anything for dinner... I've eaten a whole jar in 2-3 days... so now I just don't buy it. I have no control when it comes to Peanut Butter!

Peanut butter, in moderation, is an excellent source of protein and healthy fat. But only in moderation, like 1 serving (2 Tbl spoon) a day. Too bad it's s weakness for you.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    HELL NO!
    NONE.
    eat, drink, be merry.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Just curious as to the banning mentality...because you have an "issue", adversion, "problem", whatever you want to call it with a specific food... no one else in your household is allowed to enjoy it? Seems like it's your burden, not theirs.
    I live by myself lol.
  • WhitneySheree88
    WhitneySheree88 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Oreos
    Cheetoes
    Peter Pan honey roasted peanut butter
    candy, any and all
  • sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Really banned from our cabinets, not our whole home, except the ice cream because we all share the two refrigerators here:

for me, it is chocolate- if I want chocolate, I go buy one single serving bar at a time because I know I binge on chocolate

regular fried potato chips of any kind, same thing, cannot stop at one serving

ice cream, same reason.... but healthy yogurt is totally allowed and we eat lots of it

white fudge chips ahoy-- I cannot resist them, I eat the whole package in a day

extras of anything sweet- if we have flan, cupcakes, any other sweet dessert that is way high in calories then I make just enough for everyone to have one serving, no extras are kept (this is crucial because I own a custom cake bakery and I used to always have lots of cupcakes and frosting around here)

eta: I think some of these will change over time and be allowed back in the house, just not right now because I need more time to overhaul my thinking and my self-control. Anyone in my house that wants those things can buy them and keep them somewhere out of my sight, but they are not allowed in our regular cabinets, etc. where I have to get my food on a daily basis.
  • ElsaVonMarmalade
    ElsaVonMarmalade Posts: 154 Member
    Options

My loved ones are happy to do this & a lot, lot more for me. Maybe it is a burden, but I also take on their burdens to help them. Asking them to not buy a *FEW* specific things to help me stay on track is not a big deal to them.