Roasted Frozen Vegetables (Veggies) Recipes

Options
2»

Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    I roast frozen veggies all the time. Its no big deal. Tastes perfectly delicious.

I spread them out on a Pam sprayed/foil lined cookie sheet . Sprinkle some seasoning blend ( different one each time..i have a lot!) salt and pepper if the blend is salt free..spray a little olive oil over the veggies and then i roast them at 375F for about 20 mins or until you see the tops a little crispy brown. I like them like that. Makes for a great side dish. And they arent mushy at all.
    Thanks!

Do you cook them from frozen or do you defrost as earlier broccoli timing suggests? Great to know this can be done, have to try it now from frozen.

i cook them straight out of the freezer. Dont defrost them...thats when they turn limp and mushy.
    Thanks!! :flowerforyou:
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    bump
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Hello! Well I just put my VEGGIES ON!! YAY!! Going to have them for breakfast. I am determined to have some good ole veggies today! :laugh: Tired of baby carrots raw. They are smelling great!

I have the Normandy blend from Kirkland
  • cmkile1003
    cmkile1003 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    The Veggies came out wonderfully!! Going to try this new olive oil tonight! Butter olive oil! The olive oil sprayer is awesome too!
  • sunnysmile
    sunnysmile Posts: 1,192
    Options
    The Veggies came out wonderfully!! Going to try this new olive oil tonight! Butter olive oil! The olive oil sprayer is awesome too!

So you used frozen veggies, tell me exactly what type you used and how long you cooked, etc. etc. etc. I would like to try to and want to see if I have the right food and recipe in hand. Did you salt and pepper, did you turn veggies? Did you put on preheated tray? I know I am making this more complicated then it should be. I am pleased we blanched sugar snap peas tonight, and that took me a few tries to figure out the timing!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

So you used frozen veggies, tell me exactly what type you used and how long you cooked, etc. etc. etc. I would like to try to and want to see if I have the right food and recipe in hand. Did you salt and pepper, did you turn veggies? Did you put on preheated tray? I know I am making this more complicated then it should be. I am pleased we blanched sugar snap peas tonight, and that took me a few tries to figure out the timing!
    I used Kirkland Normandy mix veggies from Costco.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    I roast frozen veggies all the time. Its no big deal. Tastes perfectly delicious.

I spread them out on a Pam sprayed/foil lined cookie sheet . Sprinkle some seasoning blend ( different one each time..i have a lot!) salt and pepper if the blend is salt free..spray a little olive oil over the veggies and then i roast them at 375F for about 20 mins or until you see the tops a little crispy brown. I like them like that. Makes for a great side dish. And they arent mushy at all.
    Sunny,

I used this recipe for my veggies
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Going to try again this week while I am off work!
  • amyaguilar79
    Options
    bump
  • chezz
    chezz Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    wow this is great im going to give it a try
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Tammy_Christopher Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Bump to make some for dinner tonight
  • lnettles87