My first running NSV :)

Options
I have not ran a mile since high school when i HAD to. The few years i have "secretly" wanted to be a runner, to be the girl you see at 5am running because it just looks like it would feel amazing! And finally this morning I was able to drag myself out of bed earlly enough to run well jog/ fast walk a mile!! My first mile in over 4 years :) I am so happy lol i know it might not seem like much to some, but to me its a huge step! I cant wait till i can just run the whole time rather than take walking breaks to catch my breath lol Anyway...just wanted to share becuase im excited :) Happy Tuesday!! OH and my scale broke last week so i wont be getting on that for a while...im excited to see what i weigh when i get around to buying a new one lol

Replies

• tavinsmom
    tavinsmom Posts: 101
    Options
    that is exciting! I'm doing a c25k, and it feels good to run again.
  • rsharper97
    rsharper97 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    What a great NSV! Keep up the great work and heres to more miles in your future:drinker:
  • LearnFromTheRed
    LearnFromTheRed Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Well done! When you do do the whole thing without stopping, you will be thrilled to bits :D
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!!!
  • mstonya07
    mstonya07 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Woot Woot.....I am the exact same way...I know running will help me to maintain my weight also. Congrats I'm glad you got your nerves up and just did it.
  • Unice95
    Unice95 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing...I'm just like you. I want to be the lady jogging in the early morning. I will one day be that lady. Currently, I jog/wlak on my treadmill. I will surely keep you posted on my first entire jog and the a.m. jog. Keep up the good work.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    That's a great achievement. Congratulations on getting up and getting out there in the morning. That sets your day up for success.
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    fantastic!! the energy from a good morning workout is awesome
  • erinalysa14
    Options
    That's an amazing feeling and I remember it well! Congrats!!
  • Miss_Meliss86
    Miss_Meliss86 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Huge achievement! Congrats!! :flowerforyou:
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Great NSV! Keep running!
  • SkinnyMel78
    SkinnyMel78 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    That's great!! Keep it up!
  • lucystacy71
    lucystacy71 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up!
  • walzllw
    walzllw Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I remember my first mile! I started running a 2-3 minutes at a time about a year ago. Now I am running 4-5 miles a day and running my first 5k on Sept 7th. WTG running your first mile. It gets addicting and they day doesn't seem right when you don't get that good run in. Good luck and congrats.
  • jessica182517
    jessica182517 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! Feel amazing and all the positive feedback makes it even that much better!
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Greatest feeling ever! love it! keep running :D
  • Melissa26point2
    Melissa26point2 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I remember that NSV as well. Keep it up. Soon you'll be entering 5k races :)
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Great job!
    I just jogged a mile without stopping on Saturday. It is a great feeling. I too want to be a runner and do 5k.
  • jamiemommy
    jamiemommy Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    great job! what a great feeling! You go this, that was me not even a few months ago and sat I ran 7 miles...the time is obscene and embarrassing lol but it still felt so good!
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is so awesome for you.

I didn't tell anyone until I was a few weeks into C25K because I didn't want to fail and be embarrassed. You can totally be a runner. I am now 12 weeks into the C210K app, and I can run for an hour. 12 weeks ago I could barely run for a minute. It is such a good feeling. Running feels good for my body but it is even better for my mind because it quiets my brain and gives me time to think.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!