Snack suggestions for person with nut allergies

Options
I've heard almonds and various nuts are good snacks but I'm allergic to nuts. Can anyone suggest an alternative?

Replies

• BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    what about dairy instead? string cheese or greek yogurt are great. hummus and veggies? you just want something that has a bit of protein with your snack.
  • SuperStorm
    SuperStorm Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm allergic too and I have the same problem. Hummus is my go to snack. I prefer to eat flavored hummus with Reduced Fat Wheat Thins. Athenos brand has lots of different flavors, but so far Spinach and Artichoke is my fav ;)
    Also, Laughing Cow cheese with veggies or Wheat Thins is super good! Lots of flavors there and only 35 calories per wedge!
    Also for a sweet snack I'm all about the Quaker chewy chocolate granola bars. Nut free! (or sugar free Jell-O pudding)
    Happy Snacking!
  • christiansurf
    Options
    I'm alergic to nuts too, even peanuts though technically they are a legume not a nut. I used to be able to eat SOY nut butter, which tasted a whole lot like peanut butter, but it causes the same issues as peanut butter now. Makes me wonder if it isn't so much the soy or the peanut, but what they might be spraying on it, or engineering it to be resistant to. You might be able to eat Soy, though...or maybe just toasted soy or corn nuts? Some day I might try it again, if I can get an organically produced, non-GMO version of roasted soynut butter.
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    One large Snyder's sourdough pretzel is crunchy and delicious and only abut 110 calories.