Hi

Options
My is Deb and it seems as if I have struggled with my weight my whole life. It's closer to the truth to say that I have struggled with my body image my whole life. What IS the truth now is that I need to lose weight to be healthier and have more vitality. What is different about this time is that for the last year or so I have worked hard to become happy with myself. I am finally in a really great place about myself emotionally and hope to get there over the next year physically too. First goals:

Join a fitness center.
Plan meals for the week.
Make lunch and snack to take to work the night before
Lose 5 pounds before November 1

I'm so glad to be here.

Replies

• mykaar74
    Options
    welcome aboard, and congrats on taking the first step. you will find that this is a very welcoming, motivating, inspiring community. I'm new here by 2 weeks and I look forward to signing in everyday because I feel the sincerity from the ppl on here. Once again welcome. Feel free to add me as a friend for support
  • AngieBil
    Options
    Welcome Deb - I think MFP will help you along the way. I've only been here a couple of weeks, but already I'm making better choices with food and exercise since I have it all written down on here. I love it. Good job on working on the emotional stuff first, that should definitely be a positive for you in terms of weight loss. Again, welcome!

Angie.
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Hi Deb

Welcome to MFP. I too have struggled all my life with weigh/image problems. I joined MFP on July 4, 2010 and have lost 37 pounds so far. Before I used all the fad diets and pills, but by far, this is the best. I have decided to make it a lifestyle change, not a diet. You will love it here, great support. Feel free to add me as a friend for support. Good luck on your "lifestyle change."
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Hi mom! =)
  • KimikoAnne
    Options
    Welcome! I know how tough it can be. I think a lot of us on here have struggled with those same issues. I'm new too, and I must say it's very exciting to find a community of such nice people all working towards a common goal :)