Chili trying to figure out the calories (homemade)

Options
Swoopette
Swoopette Posts: 118 Member
I made chili today. So I took all my igredients put them all in the slow cooker. A pound of hamburger (equals 16 oz) so usually i take that and divide by 4 to make 4 oz a meal, but now I have all the kidney beans in there and tomatos and tomato sauce so now if I weigh it 4 ozs won't be much with all that. So how do I figure out my calories.

Take the whole pot weigh it and divide that by 4 and take that as 4oz? Please help I am now confused.

Swoopette

Replies

• nursee67
    Options
    I use the recipe feature. Add all of your ingredients to that, put how many servings. Calculates it nicely.
  • karenga
    Options
    Put everything it the receipe part and say how many servings it will be and it will organise the calorie count for you.
  • happy115
    Options
    Use this to help you figure out total calories in dishes you make, then you can enter it into your food database:

http://www.sparkrecipes.com/
  • Swoopette
    Swoopette Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I use the recipe feature. Add all of your ingredients to that, put how many servings. Calculates it nicely.

Thanks so much never knew about this feature till you mentioned. I have been calculating them all by calculator and quick tooling them. Thank you again.
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of homemade recipes too and I love the recipe feature on this website. Just do what was previously suggested and enter all of the ingredients into the builder and divide by the number of servings. I have also done this on paper by looking up the calories for each item that has a calorie value and then measuring the finished product to see how many servings it makes and then decide how much I want to eat and measure it out. The websites recipe feature is much easier.:flowerforyou:
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of homemade recipes too and I love the recipe feature on this website. Just do what was previously suggested and enter all of the ingredients into the builder and divide by the number of servings. I have also done this on paper by looking up the calories for each item that has a calorie value and then measuring the finished product to see how many servings it makes and then decide how much I want to eat and measure it out. The websites recipe feature is much easier.:flowerforyou:

Me too!! I make everything from scratch and I LOVE this feature :D So hard to figure out the calories on the elaborate crazy meals I make sometimes since I never follow a recipe, so this website feature is perfect for me!