Your favourite black bean recipes

Options

Replies

• trackme
    trackme Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Just started eating this as I have all the ingredients on hand from the garden...but I dont add the oil. Also, the salt was way too much..maybe because I used canned beans :)

http://www.freshbitesdaily.com/black-bean-salad/
  • l0sing_it
    Options
    Soak the beans overnight, then drain the water, add 4c water for every cup of dried beans and put in crock pot or on the stove for 4-6 hours.

Add some Sriracha to the black beans to spice them up!
  • l0sing_it
    Options
    12 oz gr turkey
    1/4 c chicken broth
    2 c black beans
    2 c fresh spinach
    1 med red pepper
    minced garlic
    salt/pepper
    sriracha

Thinly slice red pepper, set aside. Sautee ground meat with chicken broth and 1 tbs minced garlic, salt, pepper over med heat. Once cooked, drain and set aside. Heat black beans in same sautee pan and add red peppers, 1 tbs minced garli, salt, pepper and 1 tsp sriracha. Once heated, add meat and mix until peppers are crisp tender.

Place 1 c spinach leaves on each plate. Divide the bean mixture in half and add to each plate.

It is very tasty with ground chicken too!
  • tambam69
    tambam69 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    bump
  • pmaxson
    pmaxson Posts: 137
    Options
    bump
  • kbeardmore22
    kbeardmore22 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • carieforester
    carieforester Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love this one. I omit the mushrooms and double the rice.

http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2011/10/healthy-meals-monday-chicken-and-black.html
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Blackbean and Mango Salsa (serve with nachos)

1 can corn
    1 can black beans
    1 ripe mango. diced
    1/4C green onions, finely chopped
    1/2 orange pepper, diced
    1/4C of freshly chopped cilantro/coriander
    Juice of one lime
    1/2C PC Smokin' Habanero bbq sauce

blackbean.jpg
  • Swats915
    Swats915 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • hidbee
    hidbee Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I puree black beans in a blender, mix with some quinoa to thicken, add curry and some onion and cook in a pan using trader joe's coconut oil spray (0 cal!). I eat it like a burger on a thinny with a little scoop of greek yogurt and a tomato. DELISH!
  • Kelley528
    Kelley528 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Black beans are my quick and simple way to deal with my leftovers.

I had left over 93% lean ground beef, through it in a pan with half a cup of brown beans, added chili powder, diced onions, diced peppers, added 3 teaspoons tomato sauce and which ever other random seasoning I wanted. Dumped the contents into a flax sed wrap with some hot sauce and yummy burrito type thing for only 246 calories.

I also take my left over grilled chicken, cut into strips or cubes, and dump it on top of a serving of white rice with half cup black beans, mix together chopped onions, tomatoes, and peppers. Also under 300 calories and very filling.
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    Bump!
  • godsrose
    godsrose Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kitza101
    kitza101 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Bumping due to the laaaaaaarge amount of dried black beans I cooked up on Sunday that are now stored in my freezer and ready to go.
  • Bluepopsicle_25
    Bluepopsicle_25 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Soak them over night, then cook them in a crockpot with hot salsa and diced onion. Make some brown rice. Take some rice and black bean mixture, put them in a warm whole wheat tortilla, add a little shredded cheddar cheese and ta da! black bean burrito!

Save any left over beans and rice for the next day. Add chopped red/yellow/green pepper, some cajun seasoning, and some spicy chicken sausage (if your a carnivore) and you have a tasty filling meal!
    thanks for sharing :o)
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    this is the same method/recipe I have been using to make beans for years. It is a winner. I use it to make black, pintos, kidney, lentils...well you get the idea.
    If I have chicken stock, I'll use that otherwise I do as you and throw in bouillon. I often don't have fresh jalapeno so instead I will add 5-6 slices of pickled jalapeno to the crock. We always have beans. When I make a crockpot full of them I put in the fridge what we'll eat in a couple days and the rest I freeze laying flat for later use.
    I use this recipe and just switch a bag of uncooked black beans for refried beans. I have modified the recipe a little bit. I add chicken boullion powder to basically make it 9 cups of chicken broth rather than water and I cut the salt down to 2 tsp total. If I don't have a jalapeno laying around, I'll squeeze in a bit of sriracha.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Refried-Beans-Without-the-Refry/

also is great with pinto as suggested in the recipe
  • coffee4me57
    Options
    bump
  • lima013
    lima013 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Amazing ideas!