Ground Chicken Recipes needed!

Options
TdaniT
TdaniT Posts: 331 Member
I have some ground chicken at home that I need to use (1lb). Any ideas for a great meal tonight?

Replies

• smn76237
    smn76237 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Jar of your favorite tomato sauce + sauteed spinach/chard/mushrooms + garlic served over whatever you want, I use brown rice.
    or
    Jar of your favorite salsa + any combination of bell peppers, onions, black beans, jalapenos, chick peas, corn, etc + topped with cilantro (kind of a goulash type of thing). Or, add a packet of chilli flavoring to turn it into chicken chilli.

Those are kind of my two standards.
  • missymakayla
    missymakayla Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Tacos, meatloaf, burgers, just about anything that you would usually use hamburger....Have fun with it..
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Asian style dumplings -- Mix your meat with some chopped onions/chives/green onions, some ginger and buy a bunch of dumplings skins from the asian market. boil or skillet fry those things. See youtube for techniques on forming the dumplings into shapes.
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    You can use it for anything that you would have used ground beef for.

My "lessons learned" from using ground chicken, if you are using spices, allow a little extra time for simmering to allow the best absorption of the spices, and as left-overs, it tends to be a little dry, so add a touch of water when reheating.
  • TdaniT
    Options
    Thanks! I want to try and do something besides just the taco or meatloaf thing. lol
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I saw a great recipe for parmesan chicken meatballs. Basically a meatball recipe but replace the beef with chicken. Would be really good with mabe added pesto too...
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I have some ground chicken at home that I need to use (1lb). Any ideas for a great meal tonight?

Homemade chicken nuggets
  • JesT23
    JesT23 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I had ground chicken meatballs last night and they were amaaaazing. I just mixed 1/2 cup onions, a tablespoon or so of Italian spices, 1 egg, a 1/4 cup of fine bread crumbs and a tablespoon of mayo into the lb of meat. It yielded 13 golf ball sized meatballs which I rolled gently in olive oil before baking in a 400 degree oven for about 30 minutes, turning once.
  • TdaniT
    Options

Homemade chicken nuggets

I have never thought of that. That sounds awesome!
  • TdaniT
    Options
    I had ground chicken meatballs last night and they were amaaaazing. I just mixed 1/2 cup onions, a tablespoon or so of Italian spices, 1 egg, a 1/4 cup of fine bread crumbs and a tablespoon of mayo into the lb of meat. It yielded 13 golf ball sized meatballs which I rolled gently in olive oil before baking in a 400 degree oven for about 30 minutes, turning once.

Those sound very yummy!
  • l0sing_it
    Options
    12 oz gr turkey
    1/4 c chicken broth
    2 c black beans
    2 c fresh spinach
    1 med red pepper
    minced garlic
    salt/pepper
    sriracha

Thinly slice red pepper, set aside. Sautee ground meat with chicken broth and 1 tbs minced garlic, salt, pepper over med heat. Once cooked, drain and set aside. Heat black beans in same sautee pan and add red peppers, 1 tbs minced garli, salt, pepper and 1 tsp sriracha. Once heated, add meat and mix until peppers are crisp tender.

Place 1 c spinach leaves on each plate. Divide the bean mixture in half and add to each plate.

It is very tasty with ground chicken too!
  • bbodzenski
    bbodzenski Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    ranch chicken burgers 1lb ground chicken 1 package ranch dressing mix 1/2 c breadcrumbs 1/2 c finely chopped mushrooms mix all together form into 4 patties and grill they are delicious
  • poojabamos
    poojabamos Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If you are into indian food make keema! Here's a decent recipe: http://www.patnadaily.com/index.php/recipes/recipe/97-chicken-keema.html
  • TdaniT
    Options
    So many yummy ideas! I am getting hungry! lol
  • aetzkorn14
    aetzkorn14 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    pesto burgers are really good
    I just add pesto and sliced grape tomatoes mix together and top with mozzarella cheese
  • TdaniT
    Options
    I tried an awesome recipe last night! 409 calories per serving and it includes the bun!! Without the bun it is 300 calories.

Ranch Chicken Burger w/bun

Serves 4

1 and 1/2 pound ground chicken
    1 packet (1 oz) of Hidden Valley Ranch Dip
    1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
    1 egg
    1/4 cup breadcrumbs (more if needed)
    4 hamburger buns (my recipe is calculated based on potato rolls)

They were awesome!!

Only down side is the sodium. I have to find a way to make this with lower sodium. :love:
  • nettasue35
    nettasue35 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    you can get a recipe for home made ranch dressing at budget101.com. that way you can omit the salt or use less of it.
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    Tacos, meatloaf, burgers, just about anything that you would usually use hamburger....Have fun with it..

Chili
  • madtownjeremy
    Options
    +1 on the chili.

Also, you can season it up with oregano, salt, pepper, FENNEL SEED (very important), a little bit of sugar and red pepper...so basically you have chicken italian sausage. Cook it on the stovetop and add it to anything italian; pizza, minestrone, pasta dishes, etc. I generally use mine in an italian vegetable soup I make quite often.

Here's a recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/sweet-italian-chicken-sausage-patties-recipe/index.html
  • TdaniT
    Options
    you can get a recipe for home made ranch dressing at budget101.com. that way you can omit the salt or use less of it.

Thanks!!!