love handles?

Options
im almost of at goal yet still dont like the way i look, ive been told a million times you cant spot reduce your weight loss, so does that mean i need to lose more weight in order to love my love handles? any success stories on how you got rid of them?

Replies

• rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Correct. You cannot spot reduce. You need to lose more body fat. We all have those problem areas.

Do you lift weights?
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately it is about reducing overall body fat through calorie deficit or like the poster above me said, lifting. It can change your body composition so you look leaner.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    What the two replies above have stated are exactly right. The only thing I can add is that you don't need to lose "weight", you need to lower your BF%
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    I thought this was going to be a thread about pig tails and braids. :ohwell:
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    what do you hang on to if there are no love handles,?????
  • littleloubielou83
    littleloubielou83 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am using Yoga its a fantastic way of stretching all your body our and toning you up all over, there are so good exercises focusing on the middle area of your body and it will improve your posture at the same time. It's amazing what slow and steady exercise can do alongside vigorous exercise (I go to a bootcamp too so I sweat my butt off every week as well!)

It's not for everyone but just dropping my little bit of knowledge in!! My middle area is what I hate the most so I do a lost of twists and holds etc to pull myself around and tone up!
  • Monica0604
    Options
    bump this is my trouble area also!!!!!
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    I am using Yoga its a fantastic way of stretching all your body our and toning you up all over, there are so good exercises focusing on the middle area of your body and it will improve your posture at the same time. It's amazing what slow and steady exercise can do alongside vigorous exercise (I go to a bootcamp too so I sweat my butt off every week as well!)

It's not for everyone but just dropping my little bit of knowledge in!! My middle area is what I hate the most so I do a lost of twists and holds etc to pull myself around and tone up!

It can focus a workout on the middle area, possibly increase strength and posture, but still can't spot reduce.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    ive been told a million times you cant spot reduce your weight loss, so does that mean i need to lose more weight in order to love my love handles?

Yes.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    Yep, no spot reducing. :( Which means my thunder thighs are doomed until I drop some more of my body fat %...wherever it decides to drop it! *shakes fist*