Can you freeze smoothies?!

Options
Hi All!

Just wondering if anyone makes smoothies at home and freezes them to use later, or keep in the fridge for a couple of days. Obviously fresh is best but I work long shifts and can't always do that.

I'm guessing some freeze well and others not so well - so if anyone makes any that freeze particularly well, I'd be grateful for the recipes!! Taste wise I like pretty much most stuff!

Thanks!

Replies

• pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Yes. And if they have more than 2% fat in them you can turn it into ice-cream :)
  • Artemiris
    Artemiris Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I make frozen smoothies and eat them like icecream on a stick (actually on a teaspoon).

I use greek yogurt, fruit and milk.

For example:
    170g of greek yogurt
    100ml of milk
    100g banana
    150g mango
    150g peach

Put everthing in the blender, then pour it in some empty yogurt containers (125g is the standard), put them in the freezer with a teaspoon and obtain 4/5 frozen smoothies. They are usually 80 cal each.
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I think you can freeze them
  • Hannah7783
    Hannah7783 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys - they sound delicious. Off to grab some stuff from the market now so I can have a couple for my breakfast for the next few days!
  • kareyno126
    kareyno126 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Exactly what I needed to know thanks everyone. I work weird split shift hours so if anyone else has freeze ahead ideas. Let me know
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    kareyno126 wrote: »
    Exactly what I needed to know thanks everyone. I work weird split shift hours so if anyone else has freeze ahead ideas. Let me know

You might try checking out the menus at Daily Harvest. They're a meal delivery service, but all frozen and vegetarian meals. I know smoothies are one of their options. I wouldn't find them convenient enough to drop the cash, but you could probably get some good ideas for smoothies that freeze well.
  • MachOne4
    MachOne4 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I freeze smoothies regularly. Just make a big batch in one go. And if there's anything left over, just whack in the freezer.
    They freeze just fine.