When does everyone work out?

Options
2»

Replies

• LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Morning, midday, night? I'm stuck between either morning or night. I'm NOT a morning person...the only reason I'm alive (awake lol) right now is because I have yet to go to bed.

Midday would be good if I could afford a gym membership, in about a month..maybe 2, it will be fine. But as of now its still like 90 degrees outside in the middle of the day, sometimes hotter. For instance, today's high is supposed to be 105.

So I think night...but my nights are usually busy with the kid, homework, dinner, picking up after everyone (ugh), and then by the time I'm done its 9 or 10pm...and I just don't want to anymore. :-/

So just curious when other people do, and why. :)

I work shifts, (one week I am on earlies, the next week on lates etc), so I can never have set times. If I am on earlies, I work out about two hours after getting home. When I am on lates, I work out before I go to work, very rare I work out before 11am though.

I run on the treadmill and although I have the door open leading to outside for fresh air, I have a fan on indoors too, otherwise I end up just not being able to breath and this is in the UK where it isn't even hot lol.

What about swimming, would you be able to do swimming, the heat wouldn't be a factor for you then.
  • ashleighk2010
    Options
    I work out whenever I can fit it in. I makes sure I have exercise routines & options for different slots of time (10-20-30- +) so that I can always squeeze something in whenever a time opens up, and I never have a day when I don't have ANY time I can devote (even if it's not time I WANT to at first lol). I plan on outing once a week where I go hiking or trail walking. =]

It's all about making it work for you, so that you can do it and not get discouraged.

Waking up early is a preference for many people, and it's certainly something to try, but if it doesn't work for you don't force yourself to do it! You won't be happy and you'll be less likely to stick with it. =]
  • CaitlinxRae
    Options
    I usually work out in the afternoons...then the mornings on the weekend! My schedule is so crazy that I fit it in whenever I can!
  • amandalc980
    amandalc980 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I do 20 minutes when i get home from work at 3:30ish and then another 20 minute workout about twenty minutes after dinner.
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    M, W, F I do strength in the AM and then running in the afternoon
    T, TH i have afternoon and evening workouts
    Weekends I run as soon as I get up
  • FlashBang
    Options
    Morning before work, and afternoon after work when I do 2adays. If I do not do the morning the day steals it.
  • xsmokernow
    Options
    My hubby and I go to the gym after he gets off work around 10 at night we go to a place that's open to members 24/7/365 we each have a key fob that unlocks the door. Its really nice when you can work out at any time you want.
  • sgssmile
    Options
    Mostly morning, but when ever I can!