Polyunsaturated Fat Addiction

Options
usmcmp
usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
I am addicted to polyunsaturated fats. Has anyone else been through this? What can I do to overcome my addiction?

Replies

• usmcmp
    Options
    I really need to know because fat makes us fat and having a fat addiction is like the worst thing every!
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Start eating sugars instead of polyunsat fats.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Substitute with saturated fats!?
  • nsemrau
    nsemrau Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Moar butter!
  • joe2626
    joe2626 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Deactivate and go home. All is lost.
  • vivaldirules
    vivaldirules Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing you're addicted to nuts, right? Who isn't? Counting out the individual nuts before eating them just seems wrong but if I don't I'll eat a whole bag of them. So here's the distraction I use: eat dry roasted edamame instead. They are low in fats, high in protein, and they kinda almost go down like I'm eating peanuts. It's not the same, really, but it's close enough that I can live with it. And they are really pretty good and very healthy. Good luck!
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Substitute with saturated fats!?

This. (and no, I am not joking)
  • scottaworley
    Options
    I'm guessing you're addicted to nuts, right? Who isn't? Counting out the individual nuts before eating them just seems wrong but if I don't I'll eat a whole bag of them. So here's the distraction I use: eat dry roasted edamame instead. They are low in fats, high in protein, and they kinda almost go down like I'm eating peanuts. It's not the same, really, but it's close enough that I can live with it. And they are really pretty good and very healthy. Good luck!

At 3.3g of polyunsaturated fat per cup you are hardly helping her addiction.
  • usmcmp
    Options

At 3.3g of polyunsaturated fat per cup you are hardly helping his addiction.

Her.
  • kabdu108
    kabdu108 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    The use of fats and how valuable they are to weight loss depends upon your lifestyle and eating habits. I am on a Keto Plan. I eat 65% of my calories from FAT! However, I do not eat just butter - we eat olive oil, coconut oil, and other "good" fats as well. Eating a balance of fats will help your body metabolize fat more quickly, as well as heal your no doubt highly damaged intestines.

50 Pounds down since April 24th, 2013 - 35 to go...I lose about 8 pounds a month on an average and am NEVER hungry lol...check out my profile if you like.
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    <
  • scottaworley
    Options

Her.

Sorry
    her addiction*
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    This, this is amusing :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Tomatoes
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    sub in cauliflower.
    ...then sub the cauliflower with air.
    ...then sub air with ketones.
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I am addicted to polyunsaturated fats. Has anyone else been through this? What can I do to overcome my addiction?

You probably have a behavioral addiction, not a physiological addiction to a specific chemical.
  • JaxDemon
    JaxDemon Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I really need to know because fat makes us fat and having a fat addiction is like the worst thing every!

Fat does not make you fat.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Fat does not make you fat.

Oh, I wish that were true.
  • vivaldirules
    vivaldirules Posts: 169 Member
    Options

Dry Roasted Edamame = 3.0 g fat per 23 grams
    Peanuts = 22.0 g fat per 100 grams

EDIT: Ooops. I had my units wrong. Looks like these are closer than I thought, though edamame is still half the fat.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    MMMMMM fat...yes I agree add more butter and lard

Youre probably low in butyric and stearic fatty acids