My name is Nicole and I need help!

Options
Hi all! My name is Nicole, I'm 23 I have a wonderful husband who is currently stationed in South Korea and we have a 9 month old daughter. I had started losing weight before I got pregnant because I was walking anywhere from 1-3 miles about 4 times a week while I was walking all around campus. Then I got married and pregnant and switched to online courses. I have ALWAYS been over weight. I am the baby of 4 children and my parents had me later in life when they weren't as active. Don't get me wrong I had an amazing childhood and I love my parents. I also know that my weight is my responsibility and there is no one else to blame. Luckily my husband loves me no matter and is definitely supportive. I just don't think he completely understands though because he is tall and of medium build. Always has been. I'm excited to be able to share stories with all of you and try to work our way to healthier lives! I am right now at my heaviest ever of 256 pounds and I hate it. I want to lose at least 20 pounds by the time my husband comes home in January. Any and all advice is welcome!

Replies

• platoon
    platoon Posts: 340
    Options
    Hi Nicole! Welcome to MFP! You can do this, Girl! We're all in it together! Grab some friends for accountability, and let's get to work! You'll be on track for your goal in no time... and we'll cheer you to success! If you need a buddy, feel free to add me. Let's get'er done! :-)
  • freeatlast20
    freeatlast20 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hi Nicole, I feel your pain. I was my heaviest at 260 and im now at 250. I think that just coming to mfp and logging your food is a great help cause it really makes you think about what you put in your mouth. Drink lots of water and get moving...even walking is better than sitting on a couch all day. I have a job where I sit all day at a desk and that is one reason I have packed on the pounds..and I didn't think i ate that much til I started logging my food...wow was I surprised.. I want to get below 200 lbs for the first time in my life and im hoping to be near or past that goal by the first of the year. But its not going to be a quick fix...we didn't put the pounds on overnight and we sure cant take them off quickly either...slow and steady.. but always remember we are human and we mess up....but just dust yourself off and get back on track....add me as a friend if you want...this site has the most wonderful people who give you much encouragement and support...and together we can do it....This is our life...and our time....we can do this......:drinker: :flowerforyou: :smile:

ps..this is my 3rd time coming back to mfp,,,,this time i will do it..and you can too!
  • freeatlast20
    freeatlast20 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hi Nicole, I feel your pain. I was my heaviest at 260 and im now at 250. I think that just coming to mfp and logging your food is a great help cause it really makes you think about what you put in your mouth. Drink lots of water and get moving...even walking is better than sitting on a couch all day. I have a job where I sit all day at a desk and that is one reason I have packed on the pounds..and I didn't think i ate that much til I started logging my food...wow was I surprised.. I want to get below 200 lbs for the first time in my life and im hoping to be near or past that goal by the first of the year. But its not going to be a quick fix...we didn't put the pounds on overnight and we sure cant take them off quickly either...slow and steady.. but always remember we are human and we mess up....but just dust yourself off and get back on track....add me as a friend if you want...this site has the most wonderful people who give you much encouragement and support...and together we can do it....This is our life...and our time....we can do this......:drinker: :flowerforyou: :smile:

ps..this is my 3rd time coming back to mfp,,,,this time i will do it..and you can too!
  • Topbobdog
    Topbobdog Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Start out small is by best advise walking/running, swimming, working out their are lots of great DVDs out their that take about 30 minutes a day that will give you great results Slim in 6, Turbo Jam and Hip Hop Abs. Working out with the holidays is very difficult good luck on your journey.
  • maryrshstattoo
    maryrshstattoo Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I feel ya! My heaviest was 302 lbs in 2000 my smallest was 150 in 2003 . I gained back up to 263 lbs and I am at 226.6 now. I can't wait to see the scale below 200 again. This go around I want to keep it there. Hopefully with some help and lots of encouragement I can finally find the right foods to enjoy and eat and the right exercise program to keep me healthy.
    Stay in touch! Do it for yourself!
  • turbojanem
    Options
    Nicole...we are all here for you. cheering you on. do you have a workout plan that works for your school schedule, you and your baby? eating healthy and movement will help you get to your goal. let me know how i can help you and cheer you on!
  • KimikoAnne
    Options
    Welcome :) I know it's really hard, I've been up to 250 myself. I know you can do it though! I'm here for you if you need some support.
  • Sonflower
    Options
    You are here and it is a great place..start making small changes and it will be easy and keep making changes everyday..drink plenty of water...if you are a soda drinker cut those out, it will make a huge a difference..

I would love to be your friend on here...

My favorite saying is....if you bite it write it...
  • maryschmitz
    Options
    Youve been just given one life Nichole, one short life to have and to enjoy... Live it - make it the best life it can be, be the best woman you can be, not only to others but to YOU! My Aunt said that nothing tastes as good as thin feels - she is right on the money... Food is a temp high, a short lived pleaser - being thin and healthy are lifelong achievements that will last forever if you keep nurishing it and excersizing, God will help you with this road... and I pray that he give you the willpower and determination to go the distance..... You go girl! Have a good support system, and a good ipod with great tunes that you can walk or run with - it makes the time go by so fast!
  • Tuplatano
    Tuplatano Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hang in there Nicole