Im new and heres my story i need support and friends

Options
Hello im victoria (dont mind the MFP name lol a perverse best friend gave it to me, i mean no offence) im 18 and i suffer from bi polar and manic depresson along with self esteem issues and i used to be a heavy cutter and alcoholic and smoker. i havent had a marlboro in 2 months now or cut heavily in 2 years (ive slipped 3 times in those 2 years though) i used to weight 110 pounds and was a size 5 now ive gained 122 people tell me they would die to have my body and weight but i have alot of belly fat and my goal is to loose the rolls look and feel healthy and happy!! please supprt me like i support each and every one of you!! :) im everyones friend!
Love,
victoria

Replies

• annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    just love your self the way you are right now and make sure you exercise to tone up. say a positive mantra every day, like I love my body, or whatever you are feeling that day.talk to your friends also. are you in counseling?
  • mhxander25
    Options
    This is the best fitness program to be on in the world!!!!! Not only does it offer an extensive database but it also adds a community to help you with your progress (its kinda like a gym meets FB) being on MFP is the best thing you can do if your looking to hit your fitness goals and improve your self-image, you've made the right decision. Back it up with work and you will start feeling more awesome everyday (not sure if that's gramatically correct but you get the jest).
  • mykaar74
    Options
    you'll definitely find lots of positive support, and motivation here. I wish you well with overcoming all the other obstacles, and congrats on the nonsmoking, and cessation of cutting. Hang in there, hold your head up, and tell yourself every morning that you are beautiful and that you deserve to be happy, & healthy. If you are not already getting counseling, maybe seeking a support group outside of the virtual world would be even more positive motivation. Welcome aboard
  • AngieGayle
    Options
    I know how you feel. People are always telling me that they wished they weighed what I do but it's the stomach I have such a problem with and it gets very depressing when I workout very hard 5 days a week and do ab exercises and it never goes away. I just joined a couple of weeks ago but already have had supporters give me pep talks...lol. Good luck and best wishes on working on the other struggles which it sounds like you are doing great so far. You can add me as a friend if you'd like.
  • MissfitVictoria
    Options
    i start my first day of therapy oct. 11th. ive been nervous. but i think ill do ok. and thanks for the advice its hard to do sometimes especially days like this when i cry looking at myself in the mirror.
  • MissfitVictoria
    Options
    and thank you all for the support im doing my best everyday and my boyfriend sees im trying to quit here and there but hes pushing me to keep going. im glad we can all share a common lol :)
  • Maggie1960
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, there is so much support on here and when the going gets tough, there is always someone around to offer help and advice, or just a shoulder to cry on.
    Feel free to add me as a friend:smile: