Options

Replies

• shelbz09
    shelbz09 Posts: 115
    Options
    This is SO awesome! Im soooo excited! :D yay
  • kinkyraggae14
    Options
    Awesome count me in,I'm up for a challenge :)
  • JackieC22
    JackieC22 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am in too!
  • tooshden
    tooshden Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am in too!
  • shelbz09
    Options
    Yay I am getting so excited!!! :)

Sunday will be here soon! I have added all of you :)
  • Doraboyes
    Doraboyes Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm in I will give it a try
  • Prophetessanita
    Options
    Don't know, but definitely willing to try at least the squats!
  • pearlmorning
    pearlmorning Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'd like to try this, but I'm a newbee to these exercises. I'll give it a go!
  • dynamitegalxo
    dynamitegalxo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    hey all! i have the same challenges pinned to pinterest, i thought i'd post the pictures for everyone to save/print out/whatever if you'd like!

wall-sit!
    79646e9f145266c9e2fb16f8594edded.jpg

plank!
    20130502165057-30-day-plank-challenge.jpg

bonus! squat!
    179139_648993741784208_1193671868_n.jpg
  • morganstrf
    morganstrf Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • shelbz09
    Options
    Thanks for this! I couldn't figure out how to do so I typed it all out LOL
  • TeresaMarie46
    TeresaMarie46 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    OMG A 3 MIN WALL SQUAT - SHIRLEY YOU CANT BE SERIOUS!!!

COUNT ME IN!!!! I GOT THIS

Oh goodness.....I've never heard of a Wall Squat....please clue me in. I need to know before I commit.
    I have had surgery on my knee(yrs ago), but I am willing to try. Also, what areas are they good for?
  • shelbz09
    Options
    wall sit, also known as a Roman Chair, is an exercise done to strengthen the quadriceps muscles.[1] It is characterized by the two right angles formed by the body, one at the hips and one at the knees. The person wall sitting places their back against a wall with their feet shoulder width apart and a little ways out from the wall. Then, keeping their back against the wall, they lower their hips until their knees form right angles. This is a very intense work out for the quadriceps muscles. It can be very painful to hold this position for extended periods of time. Wall sits are used as a primary strengthening exercise in many sports requiring strong quadriceps like fencing, ice hockey, sailing (mostly small boat racing), skiing and track and field. This exercise is also used as a disciplinary activity in the armed forces. It takes up little space, and can be administered easily in classroom settings to misbehaving soldiers-in-training.

The safety of this exercise is disputed; the knees bear most of the load, especially when held at 90 degrees, so it is a potentially injurious exercise for someone with an existing knee problem

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://s3.amazonaws.com/prod.skimble/assets/2704/skimble-workout-trainer-exercise-wall-sit-1_iphone.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.skimble.com/workouts/1604-100-second-wall-sit-challenge&h=640&w=640&sz=36&tbnid=kQQkmThpkc8dOM:&tbnh=94&tbnw=94&zoom=1&usg=__ZtwoTdm2EGj_tnGVqdZR3R0K_0M=&docid=vh7vp5pTUfqbEM&sa=X&ei=eN8fUvjuAqb8iQKzpYDwDA&ved=0CD0Q9QEwAg&dur=199

^^ picture of what it looks like. if you have knee hardships maybe this wouldn't be the best exercise- im not sure!
  • Latanya51
    Latanya51 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    This sounds challenging and difficult at the same time BUT I am willing to give it a go. Count Me In!
  • kaykai507
    Options
    I've decided to give this a go! Thanks for the charts/pics!
  • dynamitegalxo
    dynamitegalxo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    good morning everyone! i just finished my plank and wall sit! i'm going to spend the day walking around some antique shops with my mom and then hit my squats before bed :)

hope everyone has a fantastic day one!!
  • Lunarbeanie
    Lunarbeanie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I need to do a challenge and stick to it! I'm in :)
    Off to print it up so I can check stuff off.
  • steele1222
    Options
    I have never done a challenge, this one seems great. Hopefully it will motivate me...I'm in. How does this work, do we check in on this forum everyday?
  • hellokittyhorror
    hellokittyhorror Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    You can check in as often as you like. I'm going to try this too. Looks great! I'm also doing a 30 day challenge for September starting today fitting in 30 min of exercise for 30 days! More info at https://www.facebook.com/BKNationPage
  • Doraboyes
    Doraboyes Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Finished day 1. 25 squats