What would I have done differently? Track calories

What is today's personal goals? A walk and track calories

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 0/7 days of exercise

Replies

• meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    I guess technically this goes here:

Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Yes, all but my sodium (curse left-over Korean food!) once again. I was well below my cals since I hiked/walked for 2+ hours.

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Sort of, but I'm happy with it. We only managed to hike 3.2mi since that's when the trail ended, so we drove down to the lake afterward and added another 3mi along the water. I wasn't sure how much I actually burned on those walks so i just didn't eat any of my exercise cals! I also only had grapes after work, which was pretty good for me!

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? I was active with my boyfriend, which I absolutely loved. There is plenty more of that to come :)

What would I have done differently? I would have liked to drink more water, but its hard to leave work to use the washrooms so sometimes I have to be mindful of how much I drink...

What is today's personal goals? Long and slow run, 4 miles. My calves and hips are hurting but I'm going to take it easy and hopefully I'll make it with a decent time! Anything under 45 mins and I will be very happy.

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 6/7 - very happy with my progress here. I am totally loving being active every day.

Sorry I thought we started a new thread on Mondays! Hope to have good new tomorrow when I weigh-in!
    Meag :heart:
  • Hoosiermomma
    Hoosiermomma Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? No, this time I was just 75 over!

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Did it!

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? C25K and stayed really close to my calorie goal even with going to a luncheon wedding shower, having the whole family for dinner, enjoying appetizers, elk steak (surprisingly good) and a few glasses of wine)

What would I have done differently? 1 less glass of wine would have kept me in the allowable range!

What is today's personal goals? Enjoy a relaxing Sunday that includes a long, slow & easy walk

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 5/5 days of exercise Did it!!
  • Nlongenecker
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? No

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Didn't set one

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Absolutely Nothing!!

What would I have done differently? Track calories & exercise

What is today's personal goals? Exercise and track calories

I am really hating myself this morning!:explode: As usual, I totally screwed up over the weekend! So I gained like 3 lbs. in 3 days! What really gets me is that I was really feeling good about my accomplishments last week. I was staying within my calories. I exercised everyday except Thurs & Sun. And I had even proved to myself that I could run by running 1 mile two different days. And then I have to go throw it all away. I know that today is a new day and I can get on track, but I am so sick of this pattern. It happens every single weekend. Even when I try to plan for obstacles...I cave. On my signature I have set weightloss goals & thanks to this weekend I won't even reach my 1st one. I am really feeling like a huge failure and hopeless:cry: . I am sorry to be a downer this morning, but I just had to get it out.
  • Hoosiermomma
    Options
    . I know that today is a new day and I can get on track, but I am so sick of this pattern. It happens every single weekend. Even when I try to plan for obstacles...I cave. On my signature I have set weightloss goals & thanks to this weekend I won't even reach my 1st one. I am really feeling like a huge failure and hopeless:cry: . I am sorry to be a downer this morning, but I just had to get it out.

So sorry Nlongnecker! :ohwell: I was in that pattern myself. You will be ready to buckle down soon and when you are, watch out!! It will work for you!! I had done well for a while and then I got tired of it. Really did not get back into the proper routine since June. Now I am back on track for two weeks and I hope to continue for these last few pounds! You WILL get there, Just keep at your healthy habits!! No matter what you are better off working at it even if ever so slowly than not!! :flowerforyou:
  • Hoosiermomma
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? I did!

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Yes, the walk was lovely!

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Held myself in check with snacking! Sundays can be a bugger for that! :bigsmile:

What would I have done differently? Ate a healthy salad for dinner

What is today's personal goals? C25K and catch-up on that to-do list!

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 0/5 days of exercise Another week begins!

Monday Weigh-in 136.2 (Almost couldn't believe it myself!) :happy: :happy: -Down a pound and 1/2!
  • goldk
    goldk Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals No

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Yes - tracked my calories and went for a walk

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Went for a 80 minute walk

What would I have done differently? Not eat the oreos

What is today's personal goals? Elliptical and track calories

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 1/7 days of exercise
  • sasmll6577
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? No, I didn't track, but ate lunch out and had a club sandwich with fries :(

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Did day 2 of Jillian Michael's 30 day shred

What would I have done differently? Had a side salad instead of fires, or asked for a box and put half away before I ate.

What is today's personal goals? Make better choices

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 1/7 days of exercise (Sunday-30 day shred)

I had a really bad morning :( I gained 1 lb since last Monday's weight-in. My choices this weekend really hurt me. I actually spent the morning crying because I tried on every pair of pants I own and hated all of them. I had a baby 7 months ago and honestly thought I'd be in better shape by now. I haven't bought any clothes because I refuse to accept being a size larger. I don't know why I do this to myself :( Hope everyone else had a better weigh-in than me :)
  • sasmll6577
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? No

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Absolutely Nothing!!

What would I have done differently? Track calories & exercise

I am really hating myself this morning!:explode: As usual, I totally screwed up over the weekend! So I gained like 3 lbs. in 3 days! What really gets me is that I was really feeling good about my accomplishments last week. I was staying within my calories. I exercised everyday except Thurs & Sun. And I had even proved to myself that I could run by running 1 mile two different days. And then I have to go throw it all away. I know that today is a new day and I can get on track, but I am so sick of this pattern. It happens every single weekend. Even when I try to plan for obstacles...I cave. On my signature I have set weightloss goals & thanks to this weekend I won't even reach my 1st one. I am really feeling like a huge failure and hopeless:cry: . I am sorry to be a downer this morning, but I just had to get it out.

I posted before I read yours :) I feel exactly the same way. From Monday to Friday I was down 1 lb then by today I gained that lb back plus one :( I screw myself every weekend. I was actually in tears this morning. I think I'm going to stop counting my calories, but make some serious life changes. I love a beer every now and again, but i need to realize I don't need to have one just because it's Friday. I don't need french fries, have a side salad. I don't need a sandwich every day for lunch, soup works just fine and has the a lot less calories. I just need to make better choices. Exercise is a must for me and I need to finally realize that. I MUST work out 6 days a week.

I'm sorry you are struggling too. I hope we can both figure out together how to make better decisions. Let's start this week out right and report to each other next Monday that we made good choices all weekend !!!
  • meagalayne
    Options

Nlongenecker - I totally get where you are coming from! it can be so frustrating when you feel like you're letting yourself down and not sticking with your commitments. Weight loss is 75% mental and 25% actually getting it done, IMO and when you feel like you don't have any control it can be really overwhelming. But don't let your slip-up on the weekend cloud your accomplishments throughout the week - Running 1 mile is an amazing accomplishment. Running that far and pushing through when your body is telling you to slow down is a testament to your will power and strength, so don't get yourself down! Remember: this is a marathon, not a sprint and changing your relationship to food and exercise takes longer than 1 weekend, so if you screw up once in a while and eat too much, it's OK! Today is a new day and you're going to do great :D
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Yes, although I didn't make the healthiest choices I did a good job for being out of town all day!

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Yes! And I am so happy about :D I ran 4 miles in 43:13, so 1:45 less than I was aiming for. It was a really hard run but I persevere and it felt great to finish! My hips and knees ended up hurting less once I started jogging but I am mega sore today. It's a good sore, though, right?

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? My run! And I managed to stay under my cals even though I had to grab some fast food. Not too bad :)

What would I have done differently? Drink more water, as always. Otherwise I did alright. Every day can't be perfect :)

What is today's personal goals? Try to eat healthy but allow myself some room for treats, since I lost 1.5lbs this week and I feel great. Today is my stretch + strengthen so I am hoping to do 30 mins of stretch and 30 mins of light toning with dumbbells. Nothing too strenuous. If the weather holds out, I'll go on a slowish walk tonight.

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 7/7 !! I had a great week. Hoping for another :)
  • Nlongenecker
    Options
    Thanks for everyone's encouraging words yesterday. I am feeling better today.

Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Yes

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Yes, tracked food & exercised

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Walked...in the rain.

What would I have done differently? Done some strength training when I got home.

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 1/7 days of exercise (Mon-Walk)
  • sasmll6577
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Yes and I had about 400 calories left over :drinker:

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Yes

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Day 3 of 30 day shred plus eliptical

What would I have done differently? Nothing?

What is today's personal goals? Day 4 of 30 day shred - I have a meeting so the gym is out today. Avoid bad food!!

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 2/7 days of exercise (Sun 30 day shred, Mon-Eliptical + 30 day shred)

I'm also proud of myself for not stepping on the scale this moring, I have a bad habit of getting on every morning. I'm trying ot only weigh in on Mondays and Fridays.
  • goldk
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Yes

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Yes

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Tracked my calories and did the elliptical for 60mins

What would I have done differently? Not eat all my exercise calories

What is today's personal goals? Track calories and the elliptical

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 2/7 days of exercise
  • Hoosiermomma
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? A little over :ohwell:

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Yes, Got a lot done!

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Kept pluggin' away at that to-do list

What would I have done differently? A little less snacking at the Monday night football party. (Life is full of occasions to over-indulge. My biggest problem is to find moderation in this plentiful life!)

What is today's personal goals? Elliptical, and work on the to-do list again!

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 1/5 days of exercise
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? No. I had a bit of a treat day :) Ended up over by 170 cals.

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Yes. I stretched and did some weight/body-weight training at home and then went on a 45 mins walk with my mom. Good day :) I also made a really healthy dinner for the family.

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? I treated myself to a few things here and there and didn't feel overly guilty about them :)

What would I have done differently? Drink more water, as always. And I think on my next strength training day I will use the beginner workout from nerdfitness.com. It looks like a decent circuit and easy enough to do with little to no equipment. Long term goal: 10 push-ups! (right now I can do about 3 hehe)

What is today's personal goals? Go running, 3 miles, even if it's raining... *groan*

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 1/7 - following my exercise regime and training schedule very closely. I'm really happy about this!
  • Hoosiermomma
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Over, again! Going to have to buckle down! :grumble:

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Yes, Got a lot done!

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Worked on the elliptical for 45 minutes

What would I have done differently? Quit eating! I was hungry! The morning was busy and not heavy enough in calories. Going to have to eat more in the early part of the day and see if that helps with the munchies :noway:

What is today's personal goals? Be prepared for today's Bible study and stay under my calories. Taking a day off from exercise to rest hips and butt. Hope to get in an easy walk

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 2/5 days of exercise
  • goldk
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Pretty sure I did... definitely over on sodium though.

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? I did track my calories but there were a couple of times I "picked" at stuff and didn't track it :grumble:

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Elliptical for 60 mins.

What would I have done differently? Not pick and track everything!!!!

What is today's personal goals? Track calories, the elliptical and water to flush out that sodium :bigsmile:

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 3/7 days of exercise
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Yes although I ate just about every single exercise calorie I earned :) At least I know I burned them!

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Yep. Ran 3.36 miles. Not the fastest time or the greatest run, but it happened and I forced myself to finish either way. Hopefully I'll feel better on Thurs.

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? I pushed through even when I wanted to stop. I also managed to curb myself from overeating at dinner. Unfortunately I snacked at night, but I measured and only had 90 cals with my coffee. Moderation.

What would I have done differently? I wish I could stop snacking so much - nighttime is particularly hard. I know that if I were to just go to bed I'd forget about it, but I stay up late and I am always wanting to grab something! Definitely need to work on that.

What is today's personal goals? I'm doing some major cooking today, making curried lentil soup for the folks to have after work, and preparing Kimchi from scratch to make some stew next week :) Tonight is my 3 month anniversary so the BF and I are going into the city (Toronto) to spend the evening - hoping to not binge on anything, and do lots and lots of walking. Wish me luck!

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 2/7 - run felt awful but at least it got done. today is a new day. no real exercise planned, though. no time!
  • Nlongenecker
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? No, chips & dip got the best of me.

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? No

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Had a friend over & we cooked meals for the week-pita pizzas, chili, oatmeal pumpkin muffins.

What would I have done differently? Threw the chips away rather than in my mouth.

What is today's personal goals? Exerciseand track calories

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 2/7 days of exercise (Mon-Walk, Wed-swim)
  • Nlongenecker
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Over by 53 calories

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Yes, tracked calories & exercised (swam)

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Planned on swimming early in the morning, but got to the pool & open swim hours were over. But I went at the end of the day. I tried to be persistent. Usually (& what I felt like doing) I would have just forgot about it & went home.

What would I have done differently? Not eaten that extra 53 calories.

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 2/7 days of exercise (Mon-Walk, Wed-swim)