Sober October

Options
My biggest diet downfall is my weekends. Wine especially. The the hangover the next day, junk food on Sat and Sun.
I am going to have a Sober October starting TODAY actually. Why wait until Friday.
All the money I save I will put towards healthy food,vitamins etc

If you want to join add me as a friend too.
I want my diet to be MONDAY to SUNDAY like it is from MONDAY to FRIDAY
This is a huge challenge for me especially being 22 and all my friends being very sociable and party animals. I have never attempted not drinking for a whole month in 5 years. So I need all the support I can get

CHEERS to sober weekends filled with clean eating and the gym!

:drinker:

Replies

• Avalon203
    Options
    Count me in!!! I havent lost any weight this last week due to my love of gin.... boooo! Lets do it :-)
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your sober October! I was THE biggest pary animal, out 4 or 5 nights a week, and nicknamed (I'm ashamed to say) the sumo becasue of my alcohol consumption. When I was 23 I found out I was intollerent to it and it was the cause of my awful eczema. I stopped drinking that day. I wont lie, the first few sober nights out wern't much fun, I felt like the odd one out, but after I got over that I startd to enjoy not drinking, I felt so much better and I remembered the whole night!
    Good luck!
    Kx
  • JKather
    Options
    I'm in! can't believe I am committing myself to this but I will certainly try my hardest.
  • PlatinumPiggy
    Options
    Yay-let's do this guys.
    I have 1 birthday in October, weekend of Halloween so that is going to be my only off day but will still be in moderation
  • ame337
    Options
    Honestly you drop the weight fast, I had to stop drinking so far for the past 2 months, I've has to be on medication temporary. I will be off it on January... I can't drink when taking this medication.. I started it just in time for the holidays.. hahaha its soo hard to NOT drink. but the weight has been pretty much been falling off, its amazing.
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your new goal. I did this in July. I was a very heavy drinker and decided to give it up once and for all. It's been the best decision I have made in many years. I now save what money I would have spent drinking. It has really opened my eyes
    as to how much I was spending on drinking. I feel much better now and more confident. Good luck with your goal, I know you can do this.
  • CombatVet_Armywife
    Options
    This is exactly the same goal I committed to when I joined others in a 'giving up' challenge. I have no other indulgences other than wine on the weekends, so I chose to challenge myself and give up wine for the month of October. I am hoping it goes well and I leave it behind for good!
    Good luck to us all!!
  • johnthefatman
    Options
    I'm an ex drinker too last drop was in Feb but have not been a regular drinker for about 4 years now. It's hard to begin with but once you're dry you will feel much better, sleep better and have more cash. When you decide to start again try to pay attention to how you actually feel - before, during and after - listen to your body and maybe one day you will decide its not worth the pain.
  • tinks12897
    Options
    This is such a great idea and I can truely say that it helps! I was just sober for the whole month of September!! Friday will be five weeks for me and I feel so unbelievably healthy. I am a heavy drinker unfortunately and I will say the first two weeks are not easy. But if you commit to yourself and the challenge MARK IT ON THE CALENDAR ( ie.. 1 week sober for next week so on so on) you can do it. Stay busy and after week 3 try going out sober. Because waking up the next morning refreshed is the best feeling. Although I still want to go out and drink I'm so proud of how far I have come that I don't want to drink. Down 3 lbs. as of this morning and going strong! Good luck to everyone you will all feel so much better!
  • Rappla88
    Rappla88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Great Idea!! I'm in!! In my group of friends I'm known for my ability to drink and keep up with the boys. NOT such a good thing! I have been a pretty heavy drinker since college, but more and more I'm realizing I'm getting to old for this crap. It sends me such a downward spiral between the drinking... which leads to bad food.... which leads to feeling like hell.... which leads to not working out... and it's just and endless cycle. Actually, I spent this past weekend not drinking at all and that was great!! Well actually... I had 2 glasses of wine with a nice steak dinner that my husband made... however... I didn't drink the whole bottle and it really made all the difference in the world!!!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I know I need to do this, but I don't know if I can stick with it! I know everything that everyone has already said is true for me too-on Friday I drank too much, ate taco bell at 11pm, woke up feeling like crap, had mcdonalds for breakfast...I did manage to hit the treadmill but I was 3 lbs heavier on Monday from Friday! I am going to try harder-I think I will have to set aside a couple of "cheat" days because it is my husband's birthday and another friend's this month but I will stick to fewer than 3 drinks on those occassions, and stop drinking at home in the evenings by myself!