New here and while the ProAna thread is hilarious....

I need to get off that topic and add some friends! Please add me if you log on daily and want/need some motivation. I have no pics yet, they will be up soon. I am 30 years old, have two beautiful kiddos, 196 pounds, 5*7 and while I carry it somewhat well, I am fat and I need to get healthy! I am all about balance, meaning I will eat that ice cream if I can fit it in and while I try to eat as healthy as possible I will never eat totally "clean". Sooo, add me if you'd like :)

Replies

• happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Welcome to MFP. I was watching that thread, it's finally been deleted. Rather entertaining for a boring Hump Day morning, I suppose.

Anyway, you can add me. I have been here for a year. I'm 38 and also have 2 beautiful girls, 11 & 16.
  • Welcome to MFP. I was watching that thread, it's finally been deleted. Rather entertaining for a boring Hump Day morning, I suppose.

Anyway, you can add me. I have been here for a year. I'm 38 and also have 2 beautiful girls, 11 & 16.

Yes I am ashamed to admit that I followed it all the way through, laughed my butt off though!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    I was not amused with it.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    WTF??
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member

agreed
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    I'm saddened that you read it all the way through, yet still don't realize how serious a topic it is.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member

Neither was I
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member

I missed it...

...but am reasonably certain I would not have found it amusing.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member

agreed

Total agreement here.
  • xapril77x
    xapril77x Posts: 248 Member
    Guess I missed it but I've read some crazy things on here so I can only imagine!
  • sdethierry33
    sdethierry33 Posts: 2 Member
    I need friends too!!!! I am basically doing this weight loss business by myself so any like-minded folks would be great.

My name is Samantha (Sam), I am 33 years old and sitting in the cold wind (well inside actually) of Palmerston North, New Zealand. I am 5'7in and weighing in at 187lbs. This is the most I have ever weighed in my life and is really embarrassing. I am used to being fit and thin so being in this body is really foreign to me and something that I need to fix NOW!!!

I am really glad to have signed up to MFP cause it will hold me accountable, especially if I can make some new friends (hint, hint) :wink:

So here we go, all I know is that I never want to see that number (187lbs) again!!!!!
  • thesophierose
    thesophierose Posts: 754 Member
    The thread was actually insulting and very serious.
  • Txglitter
    Txglitter Posts: 178 Member
    I did not read it either so I am not sure what approach was taken, but one should not judge what they do not know. It isn't a choice it is an illness and certainly one the masses don't need to concern them selves with, but just try having an ed and find a councilor or Dr who will take you. They throw these people away. :( oh and if you are over weight and go to the Dr they HAVE to address it. If you are under weight they look away like some one passed gas...True
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    What was the thread about specifically - was someone looking for support here or something?
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    :cry:
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member

I missed it...

...but am reasonably certain I would not have found it amusing.

Same.
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    I had to un friend someone today... this isn't funny... or hilarious... this is real people killing themselves... it hurts my heart!
  • Supekat
    Supekat Posts: 3
    I am new as well, I started last week and I lost 3 pounds. I also bought a stationary bike and just put it together. I plan on using it 30 minutes a day to start...got to start somewhere. Good luck Kate
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Wow...just wow. ProAna is not funny, nor is any thread that pops up relating to that disorder...including this one.
  • Christina9876
    Christina9876 Posts: 3 Member
    You're welcome to add me - we're about the same height, age, and weight! Welcome!