Where to hold my cell phone when running?

Options

Replies

• workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Spibelt. I LOVE mine. I can not even tell it's around my waist. It's great for carrying keys, gels, ect at races too.
  • RLeighP
    RLeighP Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I just hold mine in my hand if I'm by myself. If I have my daughter with me, well, that's the beauty of strollers. Tons of storage!

And I always have my phone. Music, Runkeeper, and safety!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I just started running this past December and now that it is getting warmer and I'd be crazy to run in a sweater, does anyone have a good recommendation for something to buy to carry my phone in? I have an HTC Merge- it is a bit on the bulky side but I was wondering if there is a good arm band that will securely carry that while I run.

I just clench my cheeks together and hold it there. Wonders for the running form too.
  • Bluizflame
    Bluizflame Posts: 151 Member
    Options
  • shivles
    shivles Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Good old bum bag like its the 80s ;)
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Just go to a running store and ask for a storage belt.
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I just bought a fitbelt and its great, they come in bigger sizes for bigger phones too. I ordered online at fitbelt.com
  • hayley9914
    hayley9914 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I bought a Karrimor run belt and it was the best few £ I have ever spent! It has 2 pockets but is flat enough not to bounce around and will sit under a t shirt without looking too bulky.
  • jmspies_wechanged
    Options
    Buy a spibelt
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I just started running this past December and now that it is getting warmer and I'd be crazy to run in a sweater, does anyone have a good recommendation for something to buy to carry my phone in? I have an HTC Merge- it is a bit on the bulky side but I was wondering if there is a good arm band that will securely carry that while I run.
    I bought a cheap clip thing at the dollar store. It's fabric, so it stretched. I've had several sizes of phones and they all fit and it has a velcrow strap thingy that goes over the top to hold it in. I clip it onto the back of my sports bra and don't even notice it. It's bright yellow and ugly, but it was $1 and it works.

When I fell rollerblading in Jun, my phone went flying. The clip didn't come open and the phone didn't get damaged at all.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Here's a running belt you can make yourself...

http://www.mesewcrazy.com/2013/08/running-belt-diy.html
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I set mine on top of one of these.

schwinn-free-wheeler-jogging-stroller-1.jpg

Or use this

nathan_front.jpg

You will look bad *kitten* if you go out with either.

I have a samsung galaxy 4. So just do a search, like.. Sports Armband Protective Carrying Case for Large Smartphones

http://www.amazon.com/Arkon-XL-Protective-Carrying-Smartphones/dp/B008I0AWY8/ref=sr_1_sc_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1377781325&sr=8-2-spell&keywords=sports+band+lareg+phones
  • Nimadi486
    Nimadi486 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have the HTC Rezound with the extended battery so it's way too big for an arm band. I wear 2 sports bras when I run because I've got giant boobs for being a relatively small person, and I put my phone in between my bras. When I tried to hold it in my hand while running I launched it into the middle of the road and smashed the screen...
  • Geojerm
    Geojerm Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Here's a running belt you can make yourself...

http://www.mesewcrazy.com/2013/08/running-belt-diy.html

I love this ! I wish I had a sewing machine.
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Being larger chested I double bra when running. Regular bra with my sports bra over it. I put my phone between the 2. Seems to work just fine.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I went to a running store and purchased a stretchy waisband. I put my phone inside a small plastic bag, then in the small zipper pocket. works like a charm and doesnt bother me much on my runs! also can hold ID, dredit card, chapstick, etc!
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    TUBE SOCK! Mine looks exactly like the one in the link, red stripes and all. I took an old tube sock, cut it off and ta-dah!! An uber comfy, stretchy phone holder. http://lifehacker.com/5907380/repurpose-a-tube-sock-as-an-mp3-player+holding-exercise-armband

Now, I only run when someone is chasing me, but I use this for lifting, jump rope, sled pushes, etc so I'm certain that it would be suitable for running.
  • xapril77x
    xapril77x Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I've always heard it's not good at all 2 carry ur phone in ur bra... Not sure if there's anything 2 it or if it's proven or not but there r reports of it causing or increasing the risk of breast cancer... Just FYI... Maybe something 2 read up on if u like... & I went 2 walmart yesterday & they had an arm band that will fit different types of phones & they r good sized 4 the bigger smart phones...
  • jenn26point2
    jenn26point2 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I wear Danskin bras and they have this double layer design that makes a nice little pocket for a cell phone - even big ones. It's too big to carry in my fuel belt, so the bra is the place to be. :) Since I use my phone for it's GPS capabilities and track my runs using it (occasionally), this is a great spot for it b/c I can still hear it and it's within easy reach.