temptations...

Options
My husband brought home KFC and although I ate my dinner two hours ago I couldn't resist trying some and ended up eating a bunch of fried chicken wings and a biscuit with butter:sad: I'm so bummed, I had been doing so well this week on eating right. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to resist temptation?

Replies

• cottrell22
    cottrell22 Posts: 48
    Options
    My husband brought home KFC and although I ate my dinner two hours ago I couldn't resist trying some and ended up eating a bunch of fried chicken wings and a biscuit with butter:sad: I'm so bummed, I had been doing so well this week on eating right. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to resist temptation?
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Geez, I think pretty much anyone would cave when confronted with Kentucky fried chicken! So don't feel bad that you had some!
    My only suggestion would be to tell your husband NOT to bring it home anymore!
    Wish I had more suggestions for you, but, that's about all I can think of.
  • PishPish97
    PishPish97 Posts: 34
    Options
    Geez, I think pretty much anyone would cave when confronted with Kentucky fried chicken! So don't feel bad that you had some!
    My only suggestion would be to tell your husband NOT to bring it home anymore!
    Wish I had more suggestions for you, but, that's about all I can think of.

If he insists on bringing it home, tell him he has to work off the extra calories with you.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options

If he insists on bringing it home, tell him he has to work off the extra calories with you.

LOL This is what I had DH do with the "Brownie Obsession" he sabotaged me with. Let me tell you, doing an HOUR of running was a GREAT reminder! LOL

Food...

Women often think: Food = Fat
    Men often think: Food = Love

:huh: Ya, my house too!
  • cecreech
    cecreech Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Ditto, part of my retraining myself is to think of calories as work. I can earn any food I want, I just have to plan and earn calories for it. The only way to earn calories is by burning them. Occasionally, you get sidetracked and sabotaged by very well meaning folks, like your husband. At my house I am married to the worlds greatest chef and so it is hard for me to "just say no" but it is easier for me to say "that is too expensive, it will cost me 2 hours on a bicycle in the heat." (I say this to myself mostly) When you get some success then people begin to pay attention and copy you. You have to lead the way. You can do it.
    One other thing, I pray you don't see this as failure. It is not. It just means more work later. It is a momentary delay in an otherwise unstoppable juggernaut of weight loss. You go girl! :wink:
  • debuckl
    debuckl Posts: 360 Member
    Options

Food...

SO TRUE! SO TRUE!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options

Amen - my husband won't take no for an answer if I say I don't want something! Luckily he will accept just a bite as enough! He thinks I eat like a bird so if I eat two bites of whatever he offered he considers it a mission accomplished!

He is a big eater and an impulse eater (and a eat the second I get hungry eater) and he can never understand how I can turn down a food I like if I am not hungry. I usually end up caving (like I always get his KFC biscuit from his meal and he does not take a "i'm not hungry") but keep it to only a couple hundred calories at most if I can. The gym is the only thing that saves me on this annoying habit!
  • bleachcse
    bleachcse Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    One suggestion is to look up how many calories it is BEFORE you eat it. It might change your mind. I was craving KFC today and looked up the calories and changed my mind really quickly! If you still want to have some, check the calories and chose wisely what you will use them on. When it's sitting right in front of you, it's very hard to resist!
  • cottrell22
    cottrell22 Posts: 48
    Options
    Thank you all everyone's wisdom and knowledge! I did end up looking at the calories of KFC afterwards and will definately look anything up before hand in the future! With knowing how many calories it was I would not have ate the extra food! I did hop onto the treadmill for an hour and will make sure to eat healthier tomorrow. Thank you again everyone:flowerforyou: