huge setback

Options
Okay. So I have lost approximately 30 pounds prior to these past couple of weeks. Not only have I gone on a business trip, where my only options were to eat out, but for some reason I've been fighting a terrible cravings for everything. It is Always a possibility that I could be pregnant but until I know that for sure I'm not going to blame it on that. I really I am upset because I just weighed myself and I've gained about 6 pounds. I was wanting to be under 200 buy Halloween but it looks like that won't happen until I can get it together. Please help?

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    So get it together. Remember why you wanted to do this and get back with the program. No one can give you the power to do that but yourself. Take a good long look in the mirror and tell yourself that you're worth it and your health is more important than any snack or treat.
  • csteuter
    csteuter Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Well, you can do a pregnancy test, but from my experience the first signs are fatigue and very sore breasts. Definitely was not hungry in the beginning. I have found that when my schedule is "off" I have a hard time getting back in sync. But just go back and resume what you were doing before and I'm sure you'll be right back on track. Good luck!
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    So get it together. Remember why you wanted to do this and get back with the program. No one can give you the power to do that but yourself. Take a good long look in the mirror and tell yourself that you're worth it and your health is more important than any snack or treat.

^^^^ I second that. Remind yourself why you are doing this. The craving will pass. I know I get cravings for fat snacks all the time. lol I just try to find substitutions. sometimes that's hard but it is possible.
  • fabafter5
    fabafter5 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    You can do this! You know what it takes right? So get your butt in gear. Whenever I start craving unhealthy stuff I most always am lacking in protein. Get that protein up and it will more than likely squash those cravings! Keep your chin up and your eye on the prize!
  • mrshudson813
    mrshudson813 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else. Motivation has to come from within yourself. No one else can make you choose the right foods and get you up off the couch to exercise. If you are craving something unhealthy, maybe you should have it but only a small portion. If you want ice cream, eat a tiny bit of it instead of half the carton (like I use to do). I find that if I limit my food options, it makes things worse and I crave sweets CONSTANTLY! So, if I want a candy bar, I will break one into 4 pieces and only eat 1 piece. This means I end up eating roughly 50 calories instead of 200. This seems to work for me but everyone is different. You can do this. You just have to get your mind straight first!
  • Slinn1985
    Slinn1985 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Okay. So I have lost approximately 30 pounds prior to these past couple of weeks. Not only have I gone on a business trip, where my only options were to eat out, but for some reason I've been fighting a terrible cravings for everything. It is Always a possibility that I could be pregnant but until I know that for sure I'm not going to blame it on that. I really I am upset because I just weighed myself and I've gained about 6 pounds. I was wanting to be under 200 buy Halloween but it looks like that won't happen until I can get it together. Please help?

My weight gain started purely because I was away on business so much.

Airport lounges, hotels, meeting room pizza!

Nobody forces you to eat that food, think of yourself as the strong one for declining it.
  • bartman4
    bartman4 Posts: 24
    Options
    Get a portable scale and weight yourself when you get up every morning (even when you are traveling). Mine was $20 on Amazon - NewlineNY SBB0721M-NYTW Digital Mini Travel Bathroom Scale, Trendy Wave.

This is such a tough love community! ;)
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Get back to logging and weighing your food, doing some exercise and making good choices.

If you're away, it can be difficult but no-one's forcing you to eat the whole breakfast buffet :bigsmile: - have some fruit and low fat yoghurt, not too many glases of juice. Have a salad as your side,have boiled potatoes instead of fries - you know what the good things are. Have slimline mixers and spritzers if you're drinking in the evening, set your alarm early for some exercise in the hotel gym (if they have one) or have a walk before or after dinner (if the neighbourhood is safe). You may not know the exact calorie count of what you're having, but look on the mfp database and either pick the largest value given or multiply the middle value by 1.5.

You can do this - but only if you really want to. The only person putting food in your mouth is you (unless your business trips are very different from mine:wink: )