Before you drink that Coke!!!!! Or Diet Coke ;)

Options

Replies

• mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    In for T-bones.
  • swtjenny90
    swtjenny90 Posts: 21 Member
    Options

2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in two days.

You can put a T-bone steak in my mouth and it will be gone in 2 minutes. Does this mean I'm dangerous? :frown:
    [/quote]

Omg I just laughed so hard!
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    While I'm not a huge fan of this type of "science" based post I do agree that Coke, or any soda really, is toxic and should only be consumed on rare occasions if at all. I also will keep some of these DIY home uses for Coke in mind :wink:
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I am drinking a dirt coke right now. Planning to have a sirloin steak tonight after my exercise session. Does this mean that the protein in the steak will dissolve before my body can benefit from it???!!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    :noway:

Where is the smiley bashing a head against a brick wall?
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Thanks OP! Thats why I switched to Pepsi a long time ago. This really convinced me! I can't believe they allow this stuff. Anyway, thanks for posting and hopefully you forwarded it to the required # of people so you have good luck!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I just copied this from my FaceBook page because I know some of you might like to grab that Coke, or Diet Coke. Here's something to think about.

Love the facts about the water
    EVERYONE CHECK IT OUT!

Water or Coke? We all know that water is important but I’ve never seen it written like this before. and REMEMBER if you "SHARE" this post it will SAVE on your personal page so you can refer to it later.

WATER
    1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.

2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.

3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one’s metabolism as much as 30%.

4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.

5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.

7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.

8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.

And now for the properties of COKE

1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the truck to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.

2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in two days.

3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the “real thing” sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.

4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

7. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.

IMPORTANT INFO

1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.

2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous material place cards reserved for Highly corrosive materials.

3. The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!

At the animal shelter,it is used to remove calcium deposits from the water pans about ever 6 months.

Now the question is, would you like a glass of water or coke?

Ok first of all, everything posted u set the "water" part is completely false. We are not chronically dehydrated, in fact we drink way more fluids than people did as little as 40 years ago. The rest of that crap is made up, unsubstantiated and false also.

Now to the Coke part of the show:
    Phosphoric acid doesn't leach calcium from bones. Caffeine does. However, the body compensates by reducing calcium loss during other times, leading to a net change of zero compared to people who don't consume soda (or coffee or tea.)

Yes, Coke can clean all that stuff off because it's acidic. So are 95% of the foods on earth. There are very few foods that are not acidic. In fact, lemons and limes are both more acidic than Coke, and will do all of those things listed that make you so terrified to have a glass of Coke... Also, stomach acid is a 1 on the ph scale, so Coke will actually dilute the acid in your stomach.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    While I'm not a huge fan of this type of "science" based post I do agree that Coke, or any soda really, is toxic.
    You believe this, why?
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Well if it's on Facebook it must be true.....oh look I just won a $500 giftcard to Walmart I just have to click on this link
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Just FYI, "I just copied this from my FaceBook page" is equivalent to "everything below this line is made up."

Pretty much this.

OP I get that you're trying to be helpful, but you really should fact-check before posting things that claim to be science. Snopes is really easy to use.

www.snopes.com
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lytyr3nj6o1qkikgro1_250.gif
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lytyr3nj6o1qkikgro1_250.gif

came here to post this! :flowerforyou:
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    What is with these scaremongering posts about diet drinks, lately?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,538 Member
    Options
    Copy and paste and send to 12 friends and you''ll receive good luck in 2 days.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Does this mean im in the clear if i stick to root beer, green river, or pepsi? plz respond op, thanks.
  • stackhead
    stackhead Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    The only thing dangrous about the bottle of Coke Zero I just opened is how much it hurt my hand trying to get the lid off!
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Do some research instead of reading rubbish posted on Failbook. It's all BS about Coke.
    Well to be fair not all of it is rubbish. Some of the things said about coke are true like the battery terminal thing for example. It doesn't really mean anything because you could get a similar effect from anything with the same level of acidity.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Do some research instead of reading rubbish posted on Failbook. It's all BS about Coke.

The bit about the T-bone disolving in 2 days sounds a bit outlandish, but most of it is true. But lemons are also very acidic and will do most of that same things. Lemon juice can even bleach out your hair!!
  • kewpiecyster
    kewpiecyster Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    PLEASE use snopes.com before you post crap you find on the internet.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I use water to clean up my dried up coke off of my counter, better not drink water!