Before you drink that Coke!!!!! Or Diet Coke ;)

Options

Replies

• xoemmytee
    xoemmytee Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Ok.... I read it. Can I have my diet coke now? I'm feeling a little dehydrated so the 99% of it that is water would hit the spot!
  • spiffybarbarella1
    Options
    ph of stomach acid is ~1.
  • CardiacKev28
    CardiacKev28 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I just copied this from my FaceBook page because I know some of you might like to grab that Coke, or Diet Coke. Here's something to think about.

Love the facts about the water
    EVERYONE CHECK IT OUT!

Water or Coke? We all know that water is important but I’ve never seen it written like this before. and REMEMBER if you "SHARE" this post it will SAVE on your personal page so you can refer to it later.

WATER
    1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.

2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.

3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one’s metabolism as much as 30%.

4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.

5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.

7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.

8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.

And now for the properties of COKE

1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the truck to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.

2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in two days.

3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the “real thing” sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.

4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

7. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.

IMPORTANT INFO

1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.

2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous material place cards reserved for Highly corrosive materials.

3. The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!

At the animal shelter,it is used to remove calcium deposits from the water pans about ever 6 months.

Now the question is, would you like a glass of water or coke?
  • raavila2
    Options
    BUT what will I use to make my Jack & Coke?!?!?!?
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Do some research instead of reading rubbish posted on Failbook. It's all BS about Coke.
    The bit about the T-bone disolving in 2 days sounds a bit outlandish, but most of it is true. But lemons are also very acidic and will do most of that same things. Lemon juice can even bleach out your hair!!
    I am not willing to by a T-bone steak and a 2 liter to test it but I do not believe the steak would be gone in 2 days. Why isn't anyone going after lemons?!
  • acidosaur
    acidosaur Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    While I'm not a huge fan of this type of "science" based post I do agree that Coke, or any soda really, is toxic and should only be consumed on rare occasions if at all. I also will keep some of these DIY home uses for Coke in mind :wink:

BAHAHAHA

And to the main post:

BAHAHAHAHA
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Crap, now I want a coke but they are $2 in the vending machines here!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    If you get a can of cherry coke, empty out about half of it, and stick that can up a chicken's wahoo and place it on the grill until cooked, you have one awesome tasting chicken! None of it dissolves though.
  • xoemmytee
    xoemmytee Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I better finish my drink before it dissolves the can too!
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    It is a known fact that 65% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/acid.asp

False. ;-)

However, I've seen coke used on car batteries to clean the corrosion off (or whatever that white garbage is), and it DOES work for that.
  • obrientp
    obrientp Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I really want a Coke now.
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    LongJump_zpsdb04d2b8.gif
  • Wildflower0106
    Wildflower0106 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Do some research instead of reading rubbish posted on Failbook. It's all BS about Coke.
    The bit about the T-bone disolving in 2 days sounds a bit outlandish, but most of it is true. But lemons are also very acidic and will do most of that same things. Lemon juice can even bleach out your hair!!
    I am not willing to by a T-bone steak and a 2 liter to test it but I do not believe the steak would be gone in 2 days. Why isn't anyone going after lemons?!

My guess is that most think lemons are natural therefore can't be bad. The truth is there are a lot of natural foods that also carry a high level of acidity. Some higher than even diet coke.
  • Looking2blittler
    Looking2blittler Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    less than 2 mins for me....LOL
  • VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    You missed out the part about Coke/Diet Coke tasting like sh1t...
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options

Hahaha! I totally agree, all nutrition issues aside.
  • Looking2blittler
    Looking2blittler Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Ok...Ok... You guys win. I was going more for the water facts tan the COKE stuff. I mean, I like coke stuff too, but if water actually benefits the bodies in more ways than coke, than it makes sense to grab that. Just trying to be helpful..... :blushing:
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Anybody Snopes the water part yet?

http://www.snopes.com/medical/myths/8glasses.asp
  • VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member
    Options

Hahaha! I totally agree, all nutrition issues aside.

I packed "soft drinks" in a few years ago, I drink a lot of water and tea,much nicer IMO :smile: