8 Months of making myself a priority!

Options

Replies

• GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    You are CRAZY awesome, lady! I knew there was SOME reason why I friended you! :laugh:

Well if it wasn't for my crazy MFP friends especially ones that gave me the courage to do 30 DS and finish it, I probably wouldn't be as far as I am now! Next I'll have to beat you in the running you have a head start that should help you out! :) Thanks for being an incredible friend!
  • olores
    olores Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Well spoken...from the heart! YOU are truly AMAZING!!!
  • OneWildAndPreciousLife
    Options
    Congratulations! This is an impressive accomplishment. I am inspired!
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Fantastic journey, and good on you for turning it around. You could still just be holding a grudge against the mean nurse instead of turning your whole life around.

Thank you, and I guess I should have added I sent that mean nurse flowers about a month later! Because of her being honest with me and not sugar coating it, my life is heading in the right direction!

I was just going to suggest you send that nurse flowers and let her know how she helped you realize you needed to do something so you could live the life you were meant to have! And you should eventually go to see her...take that first picture with you because she sure wouldn't recognize you, even now! Seeing is believing in this case. Congratulations on respecting yourself enough to give yourself the time and care that you deserve!
  • DDouglas59
    DDouglas59 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    What an inspirational, keep up the good work! You look fantastic! :happy:
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I love your story and you have done an amazing job. I agree, that was a pretty mean comment from the nurse but whatever it takes.
  • myfavoritepinkmartini
    Options
    Yes, you are truly an inspiration! Great job!
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options

Thank you, and I guess I should have added I sent that mean nurse flowers about a month later! Because of her being honest with me and not sugar coating it, my life is heading in the right direction!

Thanks for this follow up! Just as others, I was hoping there was some return to the nurse part of the story. That's awesome--good for you, and good for her for truly being a good nurse!
  • PMDiva
    PMDiva Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    What a story! Keep up the good work! I would like to be one of your MFP if you don't mind! Have you tried to go back and find the nurse and thank her? I think you should. Even though she spoke words she should not have said in the way that she did, I know because I am in healthcare, she was actually your "rescue" angel.

Keep up the good work!
  • ruthiejewell
    ruthiejewell Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm so, so impressed! Congratulations indeed; what a life change!! You look very different and fantastic, wow!!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    What a story! Keep up the good work! I would like to be one of your MFP if you don't mind! Have you tried to go back and find the nurse and thank her? I think you should. Even though she spoke words she should not have said in the way that she did, I know because I am in healthcare, she was actually your "rescue" angel.

Keep up the good work!

Sent you a request :) Always like having new friends! She may have been rough with how she spoke but it's exactly what I needed to hear.
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    What a great story, and congratulations on your success! I'm very protective of my workout time, too. It's what keeps me sane and healthy. I also love to read stories about people who resolved health problems through diet and exercise. Not everything can be fixed that way, of course, but it sure helps. Keep up the good work.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    What a great story, and congratulations on your success! I'm very protective of my workout time, too. It's what keeps me sane and healthy. I also love to read stories about people who resolved health problems through diet and exercise. Not everything can be fixed that way, of course, but it sure helps. Keep up the good work.

Thank you!! I still have some health issues but every pound I lose puts me 1 step closer to having them not be the highlight of my life.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    You're awesome! =D
  • MaratTX
    MaratTX Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this. Very inspirational! You look great and your post sounds so positive.
  • manda2980
    manda2980 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    This is amazing and you are amazing! Such an accomplishment, you should be very proud of yourself
  • nielsonfam
    nielsonfam Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Awesome - love your story! Congrats to you!
  • heatherc369
    heatherc369 Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an amazing story! You should be so proud of yourself! I am in shock at how quickly you made such a drastic change, what an inspiration!
  • sandikegz
    Options
    No too mention being one of the best MFP's to have in your friend list. Girl is a star!!!!!!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    No too mention being one of the best MFP's to have in your friend list. Girl is a star!!!!!!

Sandi you are too sweet and next year we're going to ride those roller coasters!!! So glad to have you as a friend!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!