Drinking a lot of water to loose weight.

Options
Is it true? Does it help to drink a lot of water. I dont get why thou...any ideas?

Replies

• GravyBrah
    GravyBrah Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Yes, you will lose weight but no, you will not lose any bodyfat from it. When you drink lots of water, your body will start flushing out the excess water it doesn't need. Eventually once you stop the continuous intake, your body will still continue this process, effectively dehydrating yourself to a lower body weight.

It's a good idea for general health to stay hydrated but don't try over hydrating yourself thinking there are any benefits to it, it will do more harm than good.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Yes, you will lose weight but no, you will not lose any bodyfat from it. When you drink lots of water, your body will start flushing out the excess water it doesn't need. Eventually once you stop the continuous intake, your body will still continue this process, effectively dehydrating yourself to a lower body weight.

It's a good idea for general health to stay hydrated but don't try over hydrating yourself thinking there are any benefits to it, it will do more harm than good.

Basically agree.

You might see some small benefit on the scale, but you aren't really losing any actual body weight (i.e. fat), so it's really just "fake" weight. You are doing nothing for your overall health or your overall appearance.
  • jodi41086
    jodi41086 Posts: 240
    Options
    Im training for a competition and workout everyday. My trainer keeps me at a gallon of water a day!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Im training for a competition and workout everyday. My trainer keeps me at a gallon of water a day!

Why?
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Drinking water does not aid fat loss other than if you fill up on water you may be less hungry. You need to drink enough water a day to have your urine be pale yellow and not smell. You get a lot of fluid from your food (an apple is 85% water) so drinking excessively is not necessary and can be detrimental because you can flush out needed minerals and vitamins. Even the 8 glasses a day myth is something made up by a bottled water company to get you to buy more water!
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Just good for you, innit brah'
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    if nothing else, drinking lots of water gives you something to do besides snacking. and all those trips to the potty are extra steps on the day!
  • Michielynn222
    Michielynn222 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    lots of water makes your skin look great :) haha, and a glass of water instead of the pop and juice, yeah that's a fantastic idea. water itself won't help much, but water instead of certain things will show significant results.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    It's good for you, but not necessary for weight loss.
  • want2lovemybody
    Options
    Here read this. Seems pretty honest and accurate!

http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20040105/drinking-water-may-speed-weight-loss