My boyfriend comes home in 3 days!

Options
xX_Samantha_Xx
xX_Samantha_Xx Posts: 166 Member
Just wanted to share my excitement! It's the first time I've dealt with a deployment in the two years we've been together. He's been gone for a month. I can't wait to have him back home! Neither can our two cats and dog!
Mind you, I know this is nothing compared to those who are deployed for many months or years at a time.. but it was my first time dealing with it! So yay! :)

Replies

• KathleenMurry
    KathleenMurry Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Awww, happy for you!! I'm in the same boat, sort of. My boyfriend is a journeyman pipewelder so he is ALWAYS working in another city for months at a time. He's working overtime on weekends now, so he doesn't always make it home to visit. Tonight he's coming for a couple hours, to my two cats and dog, too :D

I hope you do something fun when he comes home! Will he have the surprise of some weight loss when he sees you? (I don't know if you're on here to lose or whatnot, just wondering. Every time my bf sees me, my bf% is lower and last time he saw me it was a huge shock!)
  • mike_usmc
    mike_usmc Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Awesome.. A month is pretty long, and it at least somewhat prepare you for the longer ones. I've been gone for a year before, and thats horrible. Everything, everyone changes. Don't have to much fun!
  • xX_Samantha_Xx
    Options
    Thanks guys! And Kathleen, yes, I'm aiming for weight loss, and I've lost this 6 lbs, almost 7, since he's been gone. I can tell, and I know he will, too. He's actually joining crossfit with me when he gets back! I'm excited about that, too. :)
    Luckily, in the coast guard, he won't get deployed too often, or too long (because he works on the airstation side) - so I'm lucky. I don't know how I'd deal with a year.. that's a long freakin time. LoL. To those who have done it, that's amazing.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Wonderful news and the reunion is going to be outstanding!
  • xX_Samantha_Xx
    Options
    Wonderful news and the reunion is going to be outstanding!

It sure will! Haha.
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to share my excitement! It's the first time I've dealt with a deployment in the two years we've been together. He's been gone for a month. I can't wait to have him back home! Neither can our two cats and dog!
    Mind you, I know this is nothing compared to those who are deployed for many months or years at a time.. but it was my first time dealing with it! So yay! :)
    Dont forget to log all of those calories burned, if you know what i mean..:smokin:
  • xX_Samantha_Xx
    Options
    Dont forget to log all of those calories burned, if you know what i mean..:smokin:

Haha, I guess I could! :P