Healthy things on toast?

Options
13»

Replies

• kklotay
    kklotay Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I just had grilled green, red and yellow pepper on toast this morning. It was delicious.

Next time I will add some pressed cottage cheese for protein.
  • rjc0914
    rjc0914 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas of healthy things I can have on toast for breakfast?

I LOVE peanut butter but it's not very good for you, so I want to find a replacement.

PB Mmmmm....The old standby for me is the Teddie natural unsalted. Took some getting used to at first after eating Jiff and Skippy all my life but now its delicious to me. Just work it into your calories and you are fine. I usually put a little more than a tablespoon (about 110-120 calories worth) spread over 2 pieces which is plenty. Then top with fruit. I know people have mentioned bananas already, but fresh strawberries (if you can still get them in your neck of the woods) are unbelieveble. It's like a more natural PB & J. I will also add blueberries with the strawberries sometimes. Basically any combo of Banana, Strawberry, Blueberry with the PB is really good :)
  • DVaughan1975
    DVaughan1975 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I LOVE peanut butter but it's not very good for you, so I want to find a replacement.

HOW DARE YOU!! I eat peanut butter on toast EVERY day :) Nothing wrong with it. If you can make it fit into your calorie goal while hitting you target protein and fat numbers, then go for it.

YOU MUST BE MY LONG LOST SISTA! I go to bed thinking about the yummy peanut butter I get to have every morning on my slice of Udi's gluten free toast. It's the reason I get outta bed!

I love love love peanut butter and have it in the morning on my toast. If I need a quick snack....yep...a tsp of peanut butter. I add peanut butter to peanut butter crackers : ) It is absolutely NOT bad for you.
  • BooBoo1264
    BooBoo1264 Posts: 164
    Options
    Tomato and toast is so yummy. With just a little bit of salt and pepper
  • rachiefofo
    rachiefofo Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    almond butter!! or a little bit of butter and some cinnamon and sugar
  • stunningalmond
    stunningalmond Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter isn't unhealthy... I work it into my calories because I think I'd die without it. Lol! My favourite breakfast right now is a toasted english muffin with peanut butter and sliced banana. YUM! Tomato and cheese would be good... like a toasted tomato sandwich kind of thing. Cream cheese and cucumber. Peach jam is also delicious. You could make up some brushetta topping and put that and some scrambled egg on toast. Honey.

That's all I got. :)
  • stunningalmond
    stunningalmond Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    i like butter and thinly sliced cucumber .. butters not to healthy i know... but its nice.

A fellow butter fan! :)
  • WanderingPomme
    WanderingPomme Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    mashed bananas with cinnamon!
    skinless apples stewed in sprite zero with a bit of splenda and cinnamon!
    throw in a bit of chopped strawberries in a pan, add a little balsamic vinegar heat for a while then when the vinegar starts to thicken and the consistency of the strawberries get softer add a pinch of pepper and splenda or whatever you want to sweeten it up and voila! jam! lol

Also, laughing cow cream cheese spread!
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas of healthy things I can have on toast for breakfast?

Do not be afraid of fat. PB is just fine, especially if you get natural PB that has an ingredient list of

Contains: Peanuts

or

Contains: Peanuts, Salt

I would also recommend a drizzle of honey and maybe half a banana
  • rachface1234
    rachface1234 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    avocado + black beans + 1 oz turkey sausage + hot sauce yummmmmmmmmmmmm
  • andreavrmln
    andreavrmln Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    coconut oil and jam (like organic strawberry-vanilla). Yummy. Butter and honey.
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    How about a smear of cream cheese and some smoked salmon. Yum!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Hi,

What kind of a jerk told you that peanut butter was unhealthy? They are either lying or very confused. Eat the peanut butter. Add a bit of jelly. You are giving your body nutrients, which is the whole point!
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Hi,

:angry:

2coo22x.jpg

ETA: my toast today!

Oh my... I want that!

My favorites on toast is avocado with salt and pepper! Also tomato and mozzerella (melt under the broiler), Even cream cheese or laughing cow cheese would be yummy... For something sweet, cinnamon and sugar.
  • StacyReneO
    StacyReneO Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Coconut oil
    Almond butter
    Egg salad
    Tuna