Lightbulb moment

Options
So this isn't the usual 'success story' that is posted in here.. It is a success but on a much smaller scale.

Last night I went out for a curry and ordered what I wanted... with a few healthyish substitutes (chapati instead of naan, veg side dish instead of onion bhaji/samosa etc) I then went home and had a bowl of Ben and Jerrys!

However... I really enjoyed it and I went to bed not feeling guilty because I knew 100% that I would have no problem leaving these foods until my next treat in a few weeks etc. This to me is my mini success story.

I think I have finally got a happier relationship with food.. where I know I need to eat healthy to maintain my current weight but also to be able to go out and enjoy food and not punish myself but to see it as a treat.

Anyway.. feeling smug with myself and wanted to share!!

L x

Replies

• louisemallas
    louisemallas Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Well done! I think you said it yourself - you've a happier relationship with food. No doubt, at one stage, you would have done what I would have done which is think you've blown it and given up at the whole thing. Through MFP, I am now developing the same mentality of enjoying it, counting it, and moving on without letting it affect my weight loss journey.
  • laurelboynton
    laurelboynton Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Well done! I think you said it yourself - you've a happier relationship with food. No doubt, at one stage, you would have done what I would have done which is think you've blown it and given up at the whole thing. Through MFP, I am now developing the same mentality of enjoying it, counting it, and moving on without letting it affect my weight loss journey.

Thank you Louise.

I really love MFP for the support and the chance to discuss these positive changes with other people maybe experiencing the same things!
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Great NSV! Most of our weigh battles happen in our head so when we have these light bulb moments and learn to change our thinking we are more likely to be successful.
  • laurelboynton
    laurelboynton Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Great NSV! Most of our weigh battles happen in our head so when we have these light bulb moments and learn to change our thinking we are more likely to be successful.

Thank you, I agree... I think I needed my head to change its way of thinking.. To stop seeing it as a 'diet' and seeing it as a life change.

:)
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I think that's a really excellent success story. :D
  • carofenice1
    Options
    Really inspiring to read. Thank you for sharing :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!