Hello - it's me - also hoping for an absolute metamorphosis

Options
Okay, so I've got loads of lbs. to lose, but I realize that I am in the danger zone and hopefully won't develop diabetes, heart disease, the like.

I need to drop over 100 lbs. and I'm old and fat (well, 55 yrs. but definitely fat!) ;but I do walk my dog briskly at least 5 times a week for approx. 30-40 minutes.

I have arthritis in my shoulders, knees, back, neck (you name it I've got it!) but would love to try some light weights - any recommendations, please?

Replies

• Beebee78
    Options
    Welcome to MFP - an excellent first step on your journey! YOu will find so much support here xxx
  • platoon
    platoon Posts: 340
    Options
    Welcome to MFP... we'll keep you motivated to reach your goal. :-)

I'd suggest starting slow... swimming might help; it'll be easy on those body parts that are hurting you...
  • Bosslady11611362
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You couldn't have come to a better place than here! Good luck on your journey!
  • BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Hello and good luck to ya x
  • Jenn97355
    Jenn97355 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hello, and welcome :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: This is an amazing place for encouragement, tracking, and great tools for success! I love it here, and cannot wait to log in each day! I:happy: agree with the swimming for exercise(I have a muscle issue, and walking slowly, swimming, and LIGHT stretching is all I am allowed to do. Frustrating, but the slower I lose it, I know it will STAY AWAY! :bigsmile:

Congrats for taking the 1st big step! :smile:
  • Jenn97355
    Jenn97355 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Also, I am apart of a :heart: FANTASTIC:heart: group of people who all need to lose 100+lbs

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/119545-join-me-100-pounds-to-lose

CHILLROSE is the "Leader":bigsmile: , she is amazing, and can add you to her forum :flowerforyou:
  • bsoxluvr
    bsoxluvr Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! We all have to start somewhere, so don't let the number get the best of you. I think swimming would be the best way to start. Seems to be the best exercise for sore joints.

Good luck!
  • josh816
    Options
    Awesome that you see the need to change! Best of luck on your journey.